Lead Software Engineer
8 - 10 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
Enterprise Services is the provider of information technology services to the DST enterprise. Our business is to connect our clients to their customers by automating business processes, providing information for decision making, and providing productivity tools to increase efficiency. This includes the information technology infrastructure and architecture functions, as well as, the global information privacy and security.
Lead Software Engineers analyze, design, program, and modify software enhancements and new products used in local, networked, cloud-based or Internet-related computer programs. They use current programming languages and technologies, leveraging BDD (Behavior Drive Development)/TDD (Test Driven Development) methodologies, write code, complete programming, and perform testing and debugging of applications. They complete documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance. Lead Software Engineers may interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications and provide an escalation point for client issues related to software development and support.
We’re looking for a Lead Software Engineer who finds creative solutions to tough problems. This individual is a Renaissance developer and software designer who is not afraid to pave the way for bigger and better things. Because we work on the cutting edge of a lot of technologies, we need someone who is a creative problem solver, resourceful in getting things done, and productive working independently or collaboratively. We use AWS extensively, so experience with EMR and other Web Services will help the individual hit the ground running. The ideal individual will have solid programming knowledge to clean and scrub noisy data sets.
- Gather and process raw data at scale (including writing scripts, web scraping, calling APIs, writing SQL queries, etc.).
- Work closely with our business teams to bring product to life.
- Process unstructured data into a form suitable for analysis.
- Support business decisions with advanced development and design practices.
- Bachelor’s degree and 6 years of work-related experience, or Master’s degree and 4 year of work-related experience, or 8 years equivalent work-related experience.
- Strong knowledge of Hadoop stack is highly preferred.
- Deep knowledge of system development, ideally in OpenShift. Additional knowledge in other cloud technologies (i.e. VMware, vRealize, Docker, Terraform, Packer, AWS, etc.) is highly desired.
- Expertise in server/infrastructure management & automation
- Experience with following technologies is expected:
- Middleware: JBoss, Apache HTTP, Tomcat, Kafka, WebLogic, WebSphere
- Databases: Oracle, MSSQL, DB2, MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB
- OS: RHEL, Windows, AIX, Solaris