The Tech Lead / Engineer will liaise closely with technical and non-technical members of the business to deliver strategic initiatives focused on supporting and maintaining an in-market SaaS product. The ideal candidate has experience leading a small scrum team, a strong track record of providing hands-on technical product support, and a passion for diving into the code to perform root cause analysis. You are relentlessly curious and driven to dig into a functional area and understand its nuances.
This role has three primary objectives:
- Lead development and implementation of technical solutions aligned to strategic initiatives
- Serve as an escalation point for internal customer support and product teams for the Optimizer for Marketing product.
- Develop and support internal technical tools that will be critical in helping the Customer Success teams better serve our customers.
- Extensive experience in Java & Spring
- Advance & Deep understanding of Data Structures, Algorithms, and System Design
- Must have experience leading a team of up to 5 engineers in a SCRUM environment
- Strong expertise with 5+ years of experience in building enterprise techniques for large scale distributed system design and data processing.
- 7+ years experience developing and maintaining SaaS applications
- Experience leading small agile development team
- Must have strong SQL skills. MySQL preferred
- Must demonstrate excellent troubleshooting and problem assessment/solving skills
- Experience working with large datasets and manipulating schemas
- Demonstrate ability to build trust and rapport with customers and team members (both inside Customer Success and the wider organization).
- Well organized, disciplined and able to manage time and priorities effectively
- Strong oral and written communication skills; you will write bug reports in a clear fashion and be able to articulate complicated interactions in unambiguous terms
- Hands-on experience with Docker, Hadoop, Cascading, Spark, AWS, DynamoDB, Redshift, Redis, Akka or similar technologies is preferred, but not all required.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar from a top University is preferred