LEAD SOFTWARE ENGINEER
The role of Lead Software Engineer is to lead a software development team. The individual will lead a group of developers to work on our CRM platform, applications and core technologies. The CRM platform is the foundation of our ServiceCRM system, and includes our application infrastructure, web services infrastructure, back-end integration, infrastructure management tooling, and more. Responsibilities include delivering enhancements and upgrades to the existing platform which meets the needs of our customers now and in the future.
The successful candidate will have lead experience of a small development team with strong, hands-on technologist with a BS in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering, and 7+ years of software development experience.
- Lead a group of software developers and execute on a strategic systems and applications roadmap deliverables
- Develop and deliver platform and application enhancements which meet or exceed customer needs
- Plan and deliver core technology upgrades for our CRM platform
- Diagnose, design, and implement solutions to key technology or application problems
- Proactively collaborate and partner with internal stakeholders to deliver business impacting projects
- Bring creative solutions to the table
- Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
- BA/BS degree in related field and 7 years of related experience; MS with 5 years experience; Ph.D. with 2 years experience; or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Minimum 5 years Java development experience
- Minimum 1 year experience working in AWS environment
- Strong, hands-on technical track record
- Proven ability to lead a group of developers and deliver at all levels (application, infrastructure, and system architecture)
- Preferred Skills:
- Ability to communicate ideas, alternatives, and solutions
- Proven ability to define and implement effective software development methodologies
- Proven ability to be self-directed and operate effectively in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
- Comfortable with multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills, self-direction, and solid problem-solving skills with a focus on delivering innovative platform solutions.
- Mobile and Tablet programming experience is a plus (Android, iOS).