The Platform Engineering team aspires to empower teams within the organization to make timely, informed decisions with respect to stability and scalability by designing simple and scalable solutions to complex problems that are well-defined, robust, and easy to use.
- Design, document and guide the architecture and implementation of automation solutions for infrastructure and applications teams.
- Encourage and grow a strong DevOps culture across the Production Engineering team.
- Guide the implementation of Infrastructure-as-Code concepts across the enterprise technologies landscape using your software engineering background.
- Continuously look for opportunities to evolve scalability, stability and operational readiness across all supported platforms, and turn this into actionable work.
- Be up to date on all the latest emerging technologies and trends and plan current work to prepare to support them.
- Ensure deliverables are correctly implemented, documented and supportable.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to design platform systems and tools capable of supporting current and future needs.
- Partner with internal customers to understand problems, develop solutions and anticipate requirements.
What We Look For:
- 8-10 years of experience with either Redhat/CentOS Linux or Microsoft Windows on Intel Architecture
- BS in Computer Science, Data Science or equivalent work experience
- Excellent scripting ability in: Python, Bash, Perl, Powershell
- Experience with Splunk or any similar log management tool
- Experience with automation tools such as: Saltstack, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, and Jenkins
- Experience with various monitoring tools (instance resource, APM, NPM, synthetic)
- Knowledge of VMware and AWS
- Familiarity with databases (Oracle, MongoDB), Storage Area Networks (3PAR, ZFS)
- Familiarity with WAN/LAN concepts (HTTP(S), VLAN, DHCP, DNS)
- Strong quantitative and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills with customers, teammates, and other internal colleagues.