Cox Automotive is seeking a Lead Software Engineer to join our team in Atlanta, GA (Dunwoody). The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for the creation and maintenance of web and mobile based software applications as required, to support the program goals at Manheim.
Our global, talented team welcomes innovation and developers who care about quality code, love test driven development and want to be involved from specification to delivery. But more than just someone with a proven set of skills, we need someone who wants to make a real difference, be a leader and win awards in the fast-growing automotive industry.
• Develop and deliver a wide range of high profile, accessible and standards-compliant web and mobile projects
• Work with colleagues and technical resources to define technical solutions that meet business requirements using agreed tools and technologies
• Develop solutions in-line with in-house standards and practices
• Carry out unit testing during the code development
• Contribute to the on-going development of best practices, identification of suitable new tools and system and service improvements
• 7+ years of experience delivering highly engaging user experiences
• Significant experience (8+ years) with C#
• Proficient in web programming with extensive knowledge of C#, ASP.NET, MVC, and the .NET Framework 4.* and/or .NET Core.
• Experience with web development technologies including HTML 5.0, CSS 3, ES6/7, JQuery, REST, Bootstrap, React/Angular/Aurelia/Knockout, git
• Proven track record working on high volume, high profile websites
• Expert at cross-browser compatibility, responsive mobile design, organized code structure, and highly interactive user experiences
• Strong understanding of internet, systems, web technologies and web service architectures
• In-depth knowledge and experience of the software development lifecycle
• Understanding of W3C web standards and accessibility guidelines is required
• A good understanding of configuration management, testing and bug tracking; ideally with experience of NUnit (TDD)
• Strong communication skills. Able to easily collaborate with peers and customers
• Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio development tools a strong plus
BS Computer Science, or equivalent professional experience