Grand Rounds is a new kind of healthcare company. Founded in 2011, the company is on a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone, everywhere. The Grand Rounds team goes above and beyond to connect and guide people to the highest quality healthcare available for themselves and their loved ones. Grand Rounds creates products and services that give people the best possible healthcare experience. Named a 2019 Best Place to Work by Glassdoor and Rock Health�s 2018 Fastest Growing Company, Grand Rounds works with inspiring employers and doctors to empower them to be the change agents we need to make our shared vision a reality.
The Infrastructure team builds foundational systems relied upon by every data scientist and software engineer at Grand Rounds. We are serious about building highly available, resilient systems that are foundational to engineering. Our team builds the systems that allow our service owners to operate their services - we are not an operations team.
Some of our upcoming projects include cross region kubernetes federation, canary/blue green deployments with Istio and Tekton and improving our set of observability tools: logs, metrics and tracing. We also believe that getting to operational excellence is also cultural and as such we are responsible for the training, processes and maturity model of all services.
We are looking for a hands-on engineer to lead some of our important initiatives on the infrastructure team. We believe senior engineers have a keen understanding of where our business is headed and mastery of their craft to help us get there.About You:
What You Will Do:
- You lead and consistently deliver large infrastructure projects.
- You optimize for impact over progress and love getting stuff done (GSD)
- You care about software and are proud of what you do; to you it�s more than a job.
- You have a commanding grasp of Linux, networking and distributed systems and strong programming skills (Golang, Python), CS fundamentals and a track record of implementing highly reliable software. However, a formal CS degree is not required.
- Deliver ambitious projects that interact with a wide variety of teams within the company
- Design systems that will span multiple AWS regions to enable high availability of the platform.
- Help set technical direction for the entire infrastructure team at the 1+ year horizon
- Experience with Kubernetes, Istio and Docker
- Design or operation of robust distributed systems.
- Experience with AWS cloud infrastructure and its alphabet soup of technologies including EKS, RDS, ALB/ELB, IAM
Grand Rounds is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Grand Rounds considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.