It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they are doing! We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business
Our analytics team is looking for an experienced software architect to lead our client team in building the next generation of business intelligence and analytics applications for the contact center industry and beyond. Bring a user-centric focus to the creation of powerful, intuitive analytic tools for developing informational assets (reports, dashboards) that our users need every day to have the insights for confident decision making. You will be instrumental in thinking through and developing the most ergonomic user interfaces for such elements as:
- User administration
- Data Management
- Data Connectivity
- Data Visualization
- Data Modeling
- Lifecycle Management of informational assets and sharing of these assets to user communities
You will manage the day-to-day activities of the client team, leading and participating in scrum meetings and driving process and delivery improvements for the team. You will work closely with product and project management to ensure the clients' needs are being met on a timely basis, while ensuring a flexible forward-looking architecture.
You will work directly on the product during development and also work with key company stakeholders and 3rd parties including customers, partners, vendors and certification companies.
This is a chance to really take ownership of the 'sharp end' of a major enterprise BI product in serving a broad gamut of need for business informatics. A highly rewarding role with the most visible impact for our customers.
WHAT PROBLEMS WILL YOU BE SOLVING?
- Collaborate and brainstorm in a diverse, fast-paced and rewarding environment with people whose passion for creating amazing software matches yours. Principal responsibilities include:
- Oversight and technical direction for sophisticated BI clients that perform data modeling, report and dashboard design, and data visualization
- Leading the development and maintenance of client software implemented with ReactJS and ES6
- Development of supporting REST API's
- Maintenance and strategic deprecation of legacy clients written in Java and Google Web Toolkit (GWT)
- Master of product domain
- Prioritization and day-to-day team management
- Demonstrate strong systems thinking skills with a pragmatic (rather than idealistic) approach
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving skills with the ability to work with incomplete information i.e. the ability to work heuristically
- Comfortable with complex functional matrix found in broad-spectrum enterprise Business Intelligence tools
- Present to customers and partners about client architecture when required
WHAT SKILLS WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL?
- Experience in ReactJS/Redux or similar
- Understanding of OOD and functional programming paradigms, with a contemporary understanding of the principles of high-quality design and implementation
- A passion for practices that ensure product quality (e.g. diligent code reviews, test automation, continuous delivery)
- Excellent communication skills (e.g. leading effective meetings, keeping user stories complete, clear and actionable)
- Seasoned in Scrum or equivalent agile methodologies
- Working knowledge of common data structures and algorithms
- Working knowledge of authentication frameworks like OAuth, OpenID, SAML
- Experience designing and implementing SaaS based applications/services
- Advanced experience with SOA standards including REST, SOAP, JSON, etc.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS (NICE TO HAVE):
- Docker and containerization
- Microservice architectures
- Amazon EC2
WHAT IS REQUIRED FOR YOU TO APPLY?
- Bachelor's Degree or greater in Computer Science or equivalent
- 8+ years software development experience
- 4+ years SaaS development experience
- Experience architecting, deploying and maintaining sophisticated web clients
- Experience in successfully leading a development team on significant projects