Home Building Group Tech (HBG Tech) is looking for a Software Engineering Team Lead to support our Cloud and Mobile initiatives. As the Software Engineering Team Lead your time will be spent split between mentoring other software engineers and as an individual contributor on an agile Scrum team.
As the Software Engineering Team Lead, you will get to work with many divisions across Clayton while you develop deep working knowledge of AWS and other cutting-edge technologies. As a team, we recognize that strong software engineering practices and automation are required in order to be successful in the long run and we are constantly reviewing our practices and attempting to elevate them. As a member of HBG Web group, your input will be critical to setting the direction for the future software projects and implementations.
An ideal candidate will be someone that understands a leader's impact is measured through team success and not individual contribution. They would prefer picking up the phone and leaning into a problem in an effort to get resolution rather than working around the problem. They should be eager to try new things even if they are not sure they will work and be willing to adjust and refine them as necessary. Finally, they should value solving business problems and technology equally.
Other reasons to consider this exciting opportunity!
- Exposure to a variety of technologies that Clayton is adopting/integrating including Salesforce, AWS, Confluence, Oracle ERP Cloud and much more!
- Close interactions with the business in an effort to drive successful products that people WANT to use.
- Opportunity for involvement in complete software development life cycle activities that have a significant impact on business operations.
- Opportunity to travel to facilities and learn more about lean manufacturing process, the advancements we are making in AI, robotics, and the housing industry in general.
- Team and individual empowerment to make a difference.
- Provide leadership for his/her team and actively mentor team members on skill development
- Create learning plans and offer career guidance for intern and associate/junior level developers
- Work closely with the portfolio team for change and release management activities
- Support and modernize legacy solutions
- Collaborate with software developers, architects, business analysts, product owners, operations engineers, security, business representatives, etc.
- Document development requirements for database, applications, and operation system environments
- Conducts unit and integration testing
- Provide technical leadership and actively mentor other developers
- Seek to find inefficiencies in the team's process and propose changes for the group to evaluate
- Prefer a Bachelor's Degree or related experience in the web application development field
- Has led development teams creating custom applications
- Has mentored other people in skills and career development
- Demonstrates proficiency in a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- May provide consultation on complex projects and is a top-level contributor/specialist
- Has strong communication written and verbal skills
- Enjoys working with people and using technology to solve business problems
- Microsoft .Net Core
- Microsoft Sql Server
- AWS Cloud
- Experience working with Salesforce, Oracle, or other cloud-based solutions.