Broadridge, a global fintech leader with over $4 billion in revenue, provides communications, technology, data, and analytics. We help drive business transformation for our clients with solutions for enriching client engagement, navigating risk, optimizing efficiency, and generating revenue growth. Broadridge employs over 10,000 full-time associates globally with a significant presence in North America, Europe, and Asia.
Broadridge is hiring. We currently have an opening for a Lead Software Engineer based out of our Pittsburgh, PA office.
- You'll coordinate with development leaders to establish consistent software design guidelines and standard methodologies for the software development team.
- You will provide technical expertise and leadership to more junior levels of the software engineering staff.
- You'll work with product line managers, business users, and other members of the team to understand software requirements and author solutions that satisfies those requirements.
- You'll work together with our customer support by analyzing and correcting reported problems in a timely manner.
- Produce high quality code developed using computer science principals
- You will emphasize the practice of unit testing and documentation in all development work.
- Stay informed of/follow all relevant Broadridge policies to ensure the security and privacy of data.
Day to Day
- Design and build solutions to difficult problems
- Participate in and lead team design sessions and code reviews
- Develop and perform automated unit tests.
- Document software design and code
- Monitor the codebase for problematic or unexpected changes and for conformance to development guidelines
- Deliver accurate estimates for assigned development tasks
- Work with the QA team
- Mentor junior developers
- Demonstrate flexibility, adaptability and a positive attitude
- 8+ years previous programming experience is required (any object oriented language)
- 5+ years experience with Java and SQL
- Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, equivalent background or demonstrated experience
- Consistent track record of meeting deadlines
- Extensive knowledge and experience with design patterns, refactoring techniques, and development methodologies.
- Familiarity with test driven development concepts and experience writing unit tests.
- Enjoys working in a highly effective, deadline driven, and fast-paced team environment.
- Demonstrates creative problem solving skills, dedication to excellence, a positive attitude, and an ambitious spirit.
Broadridge, a global fintech leader with $4 billion in revenue, provides communications, technology, data and analytics. We help drive business transformation for our clients with solutions for enriching client engagement, navigating risk, optimizing efficiency and generating revenue growth.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.