The Lead developer is a position requiring working with our International clients, business partners, architects, developers, management and other IT groups to understand and design technical solutions for the desired capabilities. Collaboration, communication, and problem solving are key skills required. The Lead developers is ultimately responsible for a complete detailed technical design for a given project for the application. The Lead developers must be able to technically lead the senior and junior developers working on the project.
- Guides and drives the development team on design and build phases of the project
- Communicates frequent with management on project status, issues or news
- Technically leads the developer in the development process, as required
- Promotes and assures team follows the methodology standards and development process standards set by the Architects
- Learns new technologies for the project as needed
- Participate on design reviews
- Leads software reviews for consistency with best practices, standards and architecture guideline including code review
- Proactively finds solutions to problems, document procedures, mentors junior staff on problem resolution approach
- Collaborates and work with the Architects to design the appropriate solution for the project using the Architect guidelines.
- Participates on performing technical evaluations of vendor packages
- Collaborates with Application & DatabaseArchitecture in the selection and use of new, unexplored technology and design of projects
- Ensures design is meeting user requirements and expectations
- Analyzes conditions and strategies that effectively minimize implementation risk and/or improve system reliability and performance
- Ensures and facilitates the integrations of components and systems
- Participates on team meeting with peers, staffs and users
- Demonstrates Leadership, technical guidance, training and mentoring to others in areas of acquired expertise
- Works and meets with the team very frequently to discuss issues, progress, questions, open items, etc.
- Participates on interview of new candidates for the projects
- Completion of Bachelor’s degree in MIS, CS, Technical Certification, etc. and/or 5 - 10 years of experience.
- Application-specific certifications generally considered a plus in the applications areas of focused for the technical lead. If certifications are not in place initially it is expected the lead will pursue and obtain these.
Technical and none technical Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Broad knowledge of web applications and infrastructure
- Strong knowledge of distributed systems
- Experience with Micro services design and development
- Experience with cloud application design patterns
- Experience in application architecture, design, and development a plus
- Experience in influencing others, managing conflict and interacting well with individuals throughout the organizational hierarchy
- Experience administrating geographically dispersed systems.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in technology services related work.
- Minimum of 4 years of related hardware/software and system technologies.
- Multi-lingual is a plus
- Broad knowledge and experience in the use of expertise in distributed technologies including but not limited to Visual Studio .NET, Visual Basic .NET, C#.NET .NET Framework 3.5 & higher, AJAX and Extensible Markup Language (XML & XMLT); IIS 7.0 and higher
- Source control tool – TFS
- Reporting tool – SSRS and SharePoint
- Databasetechnology including Oracle 12c and SQL server 2014 and PL/SQL and Stored procedures
Requisition Number 52789