Reporting to the Director of Sales Technology, this role will have direct oversight over core infrastructure driving various Sales Technology platforms (Salesforce and home-grown web applications) at FactSet. The Lead Engineer will closely work with engineering leads across the organization to establish architectural standards, review current state and offer recommendations towards future technologies to help scale the business.
The ideal candidate will possess strong analytical skills and is an expert at developing products for the web. The position will require specialization in developing web workflow tools, servicing the Lead to Cash lifecycle. Expertise in web technologies is required, as a significant responsibility will include analyzing current state Order Management Systems, contribute towards legacy system feature delivery and identify areas for modernization (via packaged software and home grown) to meet the needs for scale.
Responsibilities (6-12 months):
- In depth understanding of current state systems lifecycle (Salesforce, homegrown CRM and OMS).
- Ability to analyze business problems and efficiently design and develop software solutions to help solve those needs.
- Contribute as key member to the think tank working on decommissioning multiple legacy homegrown applications across Orders and Finance technology.
- Collaborate with lead engineers in evaluating vendor products to modernize FactSet's Order Management, Entitlements and Billing applications within the Salesforce eco-system.
- Close collaboration with the business as part of project planning and execution.
- Acting as a trusted advisor to challenge the status quo, driving innovation and quality of service.
- 5-7+ years' experience in web development.
- Experience leading technical teams highly desirable.
- Strong knowledge of RDBMS design & querying (T-SQL, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle).
- Expert at .Net Development (C#, VB, ASP.Net) and MVC patterns.
- BS, B-Eng, B-Tech or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent.
- Experience in Salesforce platform highly desired. (CPQ/CLM/SF Billing)
- Experience working with and managing offshore teams.