Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, and user experience. Our team focuses on hiring Engineers with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on the unique challenges as well as bring fresh ideas to the development of Applications in Mixed Reality.
For this role, you will be working on a small team that will be developing application framework, tools, and examples to improve workflows for enabling content creation on our platform using the Lumin Runtime. With a focus on the user and developer experience, you will be delivering software that will allow developers to create exciting and new experiences on our platform.
You must have strong C++ skills and have shipped world-class technologies or products for mobile, desktop or virtual and Mixed Reality platforms. Strong 3D math and linear algebra skills, experience working with games software, or similar real-time systems is a must. You must be prepared to drive ambiguous projects in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of self-motivation and direction.
- Design, implement, optimize, and debug software systems and tools that make workflows more accessible to Developers/Users.
- Work within a small agile team to deliver high-quality Mixed Reality framework for the Lumin Runtime that makes content creation workflows more accessible.
- Troubleshoot and resolve software defects and technical implementation issues.
- Strong focus on user and developer experiences.
- Support and deliver solutions for internal and external content teams.
- 7+ years of professional experience in the gaming industry or using real-time 3D technologies.
- 5+ years experience leading development teams and understanding of agile, negotiation, QA, and progress tracking - including Jira.
- Strong C++ knowledge and skills.
- Knows standard design/development methodologies, patterns, and toolsets.
- Solid 3D math skills including vectors, transformation matrices, and analytical geometry.
- Experience with multi-threaded programming.
- OpenGL, Vulkan experience are nice-to-have.
- Experience with shaders, geometry processing, and lighting are nice-to-have.
- Experience with IME aware applications and l10n integrations are nice-to-have.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.