Leads activities to develop, document and maintain complex architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems.
- Leads development, documentation and maintenance of complex architectures for software systems. Contributes to the evolution of the architectures, defines architectures within a domain. Provides guidance to other sites and projects with regard to architecture selection. Serves as a consultant and external spokesperson for the organization; acts as subject matter expert.
- Assists project managers with risk management and customer reviews. Develops corrective action plans. Develops project plans and schedules using inputs from team members. Assesses project compliance with regulations and standards. Acts as project leader in specialized instances.
- Leads requirements development team. Develops CSCI software requirements and algorithms. Negotiates internal and external interfaces and requirements with customers, teaming partners, subcontractors and suppliers. Leads CSC requirements trade studies. Performs CSCI requirements change assessment. Provides guidance to other sites and projects with regard to requirements.
- Leads supplier/subcontract management team for more complex or advanced technology software projects. Contributes to the definition of best practices. Participates in Independent Reviews of supplier/subcontractor software. Resolves or oversees resolution of programmatic problems. Provides guidance to other sites and projects with regard to supplier/subcontract management.
- Leads development, maintenance and unit test for a software Computer Software Configuration Item (CSCI) by utilizing software development environments and programming languages in order to implement design and satisfy allocated requirements. Mentors engineers on coding standards. Acts as subject matter expert on programming languages and development tools.
- Leads development/decomposition, documentation and maintenance of designs for a software Computer Software Configuration Item (CSCI) consistent with the defined architecture and requirements/regulations by applying established methods and practices. Leads internal and external design reviews. Mentors design engineers. Provides guidance to other sites and projects with regard to design implementation.
- Recognized as a company expert in software integration. Trains others in software integration best practices. Defines new program integration efforts and plans. Consults with multiple projects on integration strategies and defect investigation.
- For all phases of the software life cycle: leads development, selection, tailoring and deployment of processes and tools; and utilizes/influences regulations and industry standards. Provides guidance to other sites and projects with regard to processes and methods.
- Provides subject matter expertise on specific software systems to customers, suppliers, application users, and other technical and support personnel. Leads the team to resolve operational and integration issues.
Technical degree in a related field of study and typically 14 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Applies advanced job principles, theories, and concepts. Contributes to the development of new principles and concepts as well as advanced job practices, techniques, and standards. Recognized as a job expert within the company.
- Works on unusually complex technical problems and provides solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious.
- Initiates assignments and determines and pursues courses of action necessary to obtain desired results. Work is checked through consultation and agreement with others rather than formal review by a superior.
- Develops advanced technical ideas and guides their development into final product. Erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in failure to achieve critical organizational objectives and affect the organization's technological capability and image.
- Serves as organization spokesperson on advanced projects and programs. Acts as advisor to management and customers on advanced technical research studies.
Job ID 651