$80K — $100K *
This is an exciting opportunity for you to join Mastercard and contribute to improving the transaction time for millions of daily credit card transactions all over the world. This position is on the St. Louis performance Agile team working closely with the other Authorization development teams. You will have the chance to use and improve a suite of tools to assess transaction time each release. We are looking for engineers that are passionate about performance and development with a constant focus on improving quality.
All About You
• Do you have a passion for solving complex technical challenges?
• Do you love learning new technologies and apply it to your team?
• Have you set technical direction and mentored junior engineers?
• Do you have experience in automation and love it?
• Have you created many scripts to automate and interface with programs (i.e. shell script, TCL, Perl, Python)?
• Do you understand throughput, latency, memory and CPU utilization?
• Have you spent significant time in Linux environments with some experience administrating?
• Have you developed software before – preferably in C/C++?
• Do you know about different inter-process communications (i.e. shared memory, MQ, Kafka)?
• Do you have experience and prefer working in an Agile environment?
• Have you worked with big, real-time, and distributed systems?
• Work closely with software development teams to identify risks and anticipate problems to ensure that each release does not negatively impact performance
• Dig into the Authorization code to determine performance bottlenecks
• Design, configure, and execute performance tests
• Improve the current performance environment with your own code, automation, and onboarding of external tools (i.e. Dynatrace and Splunk)
• Drive performance issues to resolution
• Apply technical capabilities to coach and develop junior employees
• Deliver department and external presentations conveying domain level experience
Valid through: 11/10/2020