Allegion is seeking a Lead Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to join our Yonomi team. We are looking for someone passionate about software and developing creative automated testing solutions for our Internet of Things (IoT) platform. As the first SDET added our team, you will greatly influence our testing strategies, program management, and team development at Yonomi.
What you will do:
- Create a range of automated testing frameworks that will ultimately reduce defects, improve quality, and enable the delivery of high-quality software faster
- Define strategies for automated end-to-end functional and load testing within the development process
- Translate functional requirements and acceptance criteria into automated tests in collaboration with Product Owners and Development Leads
- Set up, maintain, and operate test automation pipelines in CircleCI and Azure DevOps
- Validate the functionality of our platform and APIs with automated tests using Jest, Cucumber, Selenium, or similar tools
- Load test our platform using Artillery, JMeter, or similar tools to validate scalability requirements
What you need to succeed:
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in software testing
- A curious and hungry attitude in which you like to learn and dive into challenges looking for new or innovative ways to answer questions
- A passion for exceptional software development practices (application monitoring, development techniques, testing, TDD, security, tech debt balance, agile methodologies, etc.)
- Experience working in an “Agile + DevOps” process management methodology and collaborating with Product Owners and Development Leads
- Experience in Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and implementing functional tests using Cucumber, Selenium, SpecFlow or similar.
- Experience with strictly typed development languages such as C#, Typescript, Java, Dart, etc.
- Experience in consuming and testing RESTful and GraphQL APIs
- Experience deploying services to Amazon Web Services (AWS) by defining infrastructure as code (IaC)
- Experience in the Internet of Things (IoT) industry
- Exposure to Chaos Engineering
- Experience in mobile application testing