We’re going to the future – you in?
We are driven to enable exceptional experiences for people on all of their journeys. Regardless of where the trip begins or ends, our job is to make it the best journey yet. Utilizing data science, machine learning, artificial intelligence, and user feedback, we design user experiences that are smart, safe, personal, and memorable.
Xevo is on the leading edge of the biggest revolution in infotainment technology in the last 50 years. We already provide software platforms for the biggest car manufacturers and cruise companies in the world – and we’re just getting started. Here’s your chance to be part of the team that’s changing the world.
Xevo. We’re kind of a big deal.
Work like you mean it
The reliability engineering team will work with the product development teams, through all aspects of the development life cycle, including requirements gathering, design, and testing using appropriate testing methodologies and tools. This team focuses on service reliability, performance and scale, driving hard to build a reliable system for our customers.
Your mission (should you choose to accept it.)
- Develop/execute automated suites and flow diagrams based on functional requirements and user interface.
- Build/select/integrate/deploy quality automation frameworks for use across our service infrastructure.
- Accurately record and track bugs/defects from initial discovery to closure, working with product developers and Program Managers to assess severity and impact.
- Use time, project resources and available test technology effectively to meet project testing goals within the timeframes specified by the QA project lead.
- Communicate effectively at both the project and issue levels in a professional and constructive manner.
- In depth knowledge of the project or application being tested.
- Point of contact for questions and answers on how the app behaves.
- Interface with internal business partners and customers to understand their needs and experiences, with an eye towards rolling these observations back into our service quality framework.
So, do you have what it takes?
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science preferred.
- Experience leading a quality effort for a large scale internet facing service.
- Demonstrated experience testing software that uses some or all of the following technologies: Java; Linux; Android / iOS; Amazon Web Services (back-end).
- Can manage project priorities effectively to deliver quality results as planned and previously committed.
- Drive an effective live site culture.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse team of people and at varying levels of the organization.
- Self-managing and self-directing, able to drive towards the goal autonomously.
- Demonstrates high initiative, resourcefulness, and deals effectively with ambiguity and change.
- Ability to travel as needed.