You could influence the digital strategy of a retail giant, build a bold new mobile application for a bank or redesign platforms using event sourcing and intelligent data pipelines. You will use the latest Lean and Agile thinking, create pragmatic solutions to solve mission-critical problems and challenge yourself every day.
Lead Developers act as the primary point of contact for our clients, ensuring that teams are successful in their delivery. As a Lead Developer, you will bring a strategic mindset to projects and spend time negotiating with clients in order to bring a technical vision to life. Having a balance of high-level and tactical mindsets is a must, as you will spend time both with clients and alongside your fellow teammates.
You’ll spend time on the following:
- You will lead or take part in the entire cycle of software consulting and delivery from ideation to deployment and everything in between
- You will act as a mentor for less-experienced peers through both your technical knowledge and leadership skills
- You will design solutions and choose technologies that solve clients’ problems while staying within constraints
- You will use continuous delivery practices to improve software delivery speed
- Work in collaborative, product-focused teams to build innovative customer experiences
- Apply a variety of languages to your work and continue to code alongside Developers; you will never go post-technical in this role
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You have led software development teams using Agile, Lean and/or Continuous Delivery approaches such as TDD, continuous integration, pairing, and infrastructure automation
- You have experience influencing others and always advocate for technical excellence while being open to change when needed
- The ability to develop and execute a technical vision with a focus on business value
- You’re willing and able to commit to travel to client sites in order to solve their business problems
- You’re resilient in ambiguous situations and can approach challenges from multiple perspectives
- We would love if you’re up to speed on functional programming paradigms and languages like Clojure, Scala, etc.
- Bonus points if you have knowledge of cloud technology such as AWS, Docker or Kubernetes