New Technology was launched within MPC in 2017, to provide a space for particularly speculative VFX Software development opportunities. We explore how VFX artists will work in the future, leveraging partnerships with MPC's other Software teams, academic and industrial researchers, and vendors of VFX technology. We present our work both internally and externally, demonstrating MPC's commitment to being an innovation leader.
- Work with a local team as well as remote members, including the Head of New Technology in London
- Work with and mentor more junior members of the team to help resolve issues and solve problems.
- Identify new opportunities for rapid R&D
- Design and prototype cutting edge tools and technologies.
- Build relationships with department heads, supervisors and other visionaries.
Skills and Experience
- At least 5-8 years of experience in a VFX facility (or equivalent industry).
- Experience leading a team and experience of being responsible for delivering large projects successfully.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a similar field.
- Strong understanding of computer graphics, mathematics, and physics/simulation.
- Advanced knowledge of C++ and Python. Lua and other languages a bonus.
- Expert with Linux operating system and developing on this platform.
- Advanced knowledge of key VFX application APIs - Maya, Katana, Houdini and/or Nuke.
- Experience using development best practices.