iPipeline is a leading provider of cloud-based software solutions for the life insurance industry. Through our SaaS solutions, we accelerate and simplify insurance sales, compliance, operations and support. We provide process automation and seamless integration between every participant in the life insurance industry including carriers, agents (such as financial advisors and independent insurance agents), distributors (such as banks, broker-dealers and general agencies) and consumers. Our innovative solutions enable automated processing for pre-sales, point-of-sale execution of applications, post-sale support, reporting, consumer delivery and agency management.
iPipeline provides the process automation and seamless integration needed on a global basis to make a sale by aggregating more than 120 carriers, 875 distributors and financial institutions, and their producers and licensed advisors in a cloud-based environment. With headquarters in Exton, Pennsylvania, iPipeline has locations in Danville, Fort Lauderdale, Huntersville, Philadelphia, Roswell, Salt Lake City, Tokyo, Cheltenham (UK), and Vancouver.
We are currently looking for a Lead Software Developer (R&D).
Lead Software Developer, Data Services/ESB
We are a highly motivated team performing data processing and product integrations. We are building efficient systems that process, transform and integrate a large flow of data sets. We use cutting edge technologies, agile methodologies, and strong teamwork to perform our tasks. Your work will be visible to both internal teams and external customers. We think of our work as an art, and treat it as such in every aspect of what we do. We work and solve problems together. We are looking for someone who is not afraid to dive in, figure out new technologies and then disseminate that knowledge amongst their peers. Ideal candidates will have an eagerness to bring new ideas to the table and suggest changes that drive innovation and productivity while being open to feedback and critiques.
- Responsible for building and implementing data processing and integrations in MuleSoft ESB that require precise and accurate transformation in a real-time environment.
- Collaborating daily with your team and otherinternal teams.
- Mentor immediate team members on the platform.
- Ability to perform iterative and incremental development.
- Responsible for balancing unexpected issues with current in progress work.
- Helping the team leverage the proper technologies when applicable.
- Being excited about making an immediate impact within the company.
- Java, preferably in an enterprise environment
- MuleSoft Anypoint Platform or other Enterprise Service Bus experience
- Object-oriented programming, polymorphism, inheritance, experience with TDD, Unit testing
- Java build tools (i.e. Ant, Maven, Gradle) and source control tools (i.e. Git, SVN, Mercurial)
- Web Services: REST, SOAP (Client and server-side)
- SQL (Design of database tables and procedures, moderate-level querying) and/or MongoDB
- Strong skills in creating and following best practices in all aspects of software life cycle
- Strong aptitude for writing elegant and efficient code which is re-usable
- Strong experience with services and integrations
- Good communication and people skills
- Requires a bachelor’s degree
Nice to have:
- Asynchronous queuing patterns (message publishing, message routing, message processing)
- Message queue systems (i.e. RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ)
- Systems integration
- Ruby on Rails