POSTING ID: 2219/1099/8804
Development and maintenance of software applications built using Microsoft stack.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Design, develop and test software applications
- Maintain systems by identifying and correcting software defects
- Create technical specifications and unit test plans
- Work with QA to align understanding of requirements and to develop system test plans.
- Work as part of an Agile development team to solve problems and develop projects in a fast paced environment
- Follow instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job
- Demonstrate a basic degree of creativity and problem solving skills
- Follow the established software development life cycle
- Follow established coding standards and naming conventions
- Support applications using software development methodologies including structured programming, documentation, design and code review
- Work with business analysts and application users to define and design robust user centric application solutions.
- Collaborate with UX resources to drive consistent look and feel of user interface.
- Collaborate with database resources to ensure robust and complete data access and manipulation.
- Collaborate with IT Operations to ensure hardware and software are aligned to deliver business requirements.
- Mentor junior and other new developers when required
- On-site regular attendance and punctuality are essential functions of the job.
- Performs other business tasks or functions as assigned.
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in related field
- 5 years of experience in Microsoft technology stack
- Proficient with MVC, Angular, Asp.Net, JQuery
- Must have hands-on experience with Visual Studio & TFS as source control tool
- Must have good understanding of SOLID and object oriented programming (OOP) concepts
- Must have experience with WCF
- Relevant Microsoft certification is strongly preferred
- Experience with Web API, Entity Framework
- Experience with Crystal Reports, SSRS, SSIS
- Experience in end-to-end Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) project
- Experience working with Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Experience with code review and evaluation
- Good at understanding requirements, estimation
- Good team player, have ability and willingness to mentor junior developers
- Have passion for learning new technologies and enhancing existing skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter that can work well in a team environment
- Proactive issue resolution with a positive attitude
- Understands solution at the project level
- Insurance industry experience is a plus