We are AAM. We have the POWER to move the world.
At AAM, we're looking for associates who push boundaries and drive solutions for the future. Innovators. Thinkers. Dreamers. Doers. No matter the role or function, every associate is a piece of what makes AAM great. We’re growing and building #TeamAAM to be the best.
Lead Software Controls Engineer
- Responsible plant model of system and sub-system to help with component capabilities and selection to meet customer requirements.
- Responsible for control algorithm development to meet customer requirements on various conditions including temperature and voltage.
- Work closely with electronics and software departments to ensure design of electronics and low level software can meet control algorithm requirements.
- Responsible for correlating algorithm simulation to physical data to mature analytical assumptions.
- Mentor junior level control engineers.
- Master’s of Science in Mechanical, Electrical / Electronic
- 15+ years development of complex control algorithm in automotive powertrain or drivetrain products.
- Experience in algorithm development in Simulink.
- Broad knowledge of control system theories and applicability in real world applications.
- Experience in creating system & sub-system level mathematical models (plant model) and correlation to physical models.
- Experience with motors control (brushed and brushless) and feedback sensors.
- Experience with control of hydraulic and mechanical systems.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English.
About American Axle & Manufacturing
For over 20 years, customers around the world have entrusted AAM to design, engineer, validate and manufacture driveline, metal forming, powertrain, and casting technologies for automotive, commercial and industrial markets. Today, we are a premier global Tier 1 automotive supplier with broad capabilities across multiple product lines to deliver efficient, powerful and innovative solutions for our customers. We’ve earned the trust of our suppliers and our customers through our steadfast commitments to quality, operational excellence and technology leadership.
AAM delivers power. We deliver power literally through vehicle components, systems and innovation, but we also deliver power in ways unseen. We power our associates, their families, and the communities in which we operate. Our global team of over 25,000 associates has a clear vision of where AAM is going and how we are going to get there. After all, they are the reason we are a leader in the automotive industry. We are powering the future. We are AAM. Move with us, and join #TeamAAM.