As a Software Architect, collaborate closely with the Chief Architect and team to best leverage cloud services, optimizing for performance, cost and architectural flexibility to deliver capabilities for the development of a new system with enterprise API and microservice based services. Experience with service patterns and data exchange protocols (e.g., Web Services, application programming interfaces (APIs), REST, SOAP). Deep expertise in cloud architecture and transformation strategy, as well as product architectureincluding organizational change management to support transition to a cloud business model. Infrastructure Applications, IaaS, PaaS, Cloud Computing to include virtualization, platform migration, server consolidation, utility computing, grid computing, VPN, wireless and mobile computing platforms, SAN/NAS, messaging, intrusion detection, intrusion prevention, identity & privilege management and authentication, ICAM as a service, multi-cloud and cloud broker capability; and cloud service level agreements.
- Technical Capability - Provide expertise in software architecture to include API management and microservices governance, system engineering & integration, and enterprise architecture. Responsible for looking across systems, driving plans, approaches, and decisions to establish a resilient, cross cutting microservice based architecture for the enterprise.
- Work Leadership Management - Provide insights and thought leadership to the MITRE PL. Collaborate with the NGA portfolio to shape the direction of the work.
- Scope / Scale / Risk - Act as the MITRE software engineer SME. The MITRE support will address the sponsor's requirements in the effort to define the architecture for establishing the requirements for this system and its services.
- Engagement/ Visibility - Political savviness required when dealing with agencies. Maintain a close working relationship with the NGA chief architect and seniors (SES/DISL). Interface with NGA architects and program managers on technical matters to ensure a seamless design and integration of this re-imagined architecture. Requires daily engagement with SES level sponsor and their support staff.
- MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or commensurate commercial experience with a technical BS/MS degree.
- A software engineering leader with a total of 10 years (a min of 5 years commercial) web application or enterprise integration focused software development of which a minimum of 4 years was in an agile environment.
- Experience in all aspects of cloud computing (infrastructure, storage, platforms and data).
- Has an applied, enterprise architectural understanding of cloud native and API / microservice design patterns and DevOps principles (Infrastructure as Code).
- Prior implementation of event-based service architectures and integration with APIs exposing microservices (e.g., REST, SOAP).
- In-depth experience with commercial cloud offerings (e.g., Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure).
- Strong leadership, communication and collaboration skills with track record of taking solution ownership.