Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Possess and apply a broad knowledge of quality tools and process improvement techniques.
2. Plan, design, and implement tests to monitor quality using engineering principles.
3. Prepare inspection plans, evaluate and assign disposition to nonconforming material.
4. Acquire and analyze data using standard quantitative methods to facilitate process analysis and improvements.
5. Partner with manufacturing teams in understanding problems and investigating root cause.
6. Collaborate with regional teams to ensure the implementation of effective solutions to prevent recurrence.
7. Lead cross-functional meetings to address quality issues and brainstorm solutions.
8. Provide technical leadership for process improvement projects.
9. Engage in regional customer support activities.
10. Model, teach and apply SEL Values, Principles of Operations, and World Class Manufacturing Principles.
11. Understand. Create. Simplify.
12. Other duties as assigned.
B.S. degree in Engineering, Math, Statistics, or other technical degree, or equivalent experience
6+ years experience in quality engineering or manufacturing
Working knowledge of analog and digital electronic components
Working knowledge of inspection and test techniques and instruments
Working knowledge of mechanical drawings, specifications, and materials
Knowledge of sheet metal, printed wiring boards, adhesives, and plastic components
Strong project management and problem solving skills
Experience using metrology and statistical methods
Knowledge of quality tools and process improvement techniques (FMEA, Six Sigma, PDCA, Lean Manufacturing, Pareto)
Knowledge of applicable industry standards with understanding of probability/reliability concepts
Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
Background check results satisfactory to SEL
Negative drug test result(s)
ASQ Certified Quality Engineer
Knowledge of ISO 9001:2015
Knowledge of design, manufacturing, and service processes