Do you want to make a difference? Join our team! Harris is looking for high performing individuals who will design, develop, deploy, and sustain systems that provide the intelligence community with actionable intelligence to protect our nation. Our team is a collection of highly technical problem solvers, invigorated by creating first-of-a-kind systems. You will help solve the most demanding technical challenges while enjoying the satisfaction of knowing that your efforts are making the nation a safer place.
Signals Systems Engineer experienced in architecting, implementing, testing, and troubleshooting hardware and software for various signal processing applications. The Signals Systems Engineer will assist with design and implementation of signal processing architectures for proposals and/or projects to build or enhance signal processing capabilities. This position assists in resolving complex system problems, testing innovative approaches and research new solutions to storing, manipulating and presenting information. Signal System Engineer has regular interaction with program engineering, management, and customers. The position also requires the ability to lead and mentor team members in the lifecycle support of the signal processing systems and associated gear.
- Develop signal processing architecture and designs based on system level requirements
- Interact with senior program managers and customers to define signal processing approaches and strategies
- Lead trade studies to identify the most economical solution to satisfy signal processing requirements
- Develop signal processing system integration and check out plans
- Develop internal requirements, CONOPs and interface control documents from customer / product requirements
- Support full program development lifecycles including concept, design fabrication, production, test, installation, operations, maintenance and disposal
- Provide technical leadership to development teams at internal and external gate reviews such as technical baseline reviews and design reviews
- Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications
- Ensure the logical and systemic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions to meet technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- 9+ years with a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field or equivalent
- Active TS/SCI or TS/SSBI Security Clearance
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience in the architecture/design, development, and implementation of signal processing architectures Familiarity with telecom protocols, standards, and environments
- Familiarity with a variety of Operating Systems – Linux, Windows, UNIX - is desired
- Basic understanding of technical principles, theories and concepts of signal modulation, encoding, and other digital processing schemes
- Basic understanding of Software components including firmware, operating systems, drivers, applications and other computing system software
- Basic understanding of hardware components including electrical equipment, digital processing hardware (ASIC, CPLD, FPGA), circuit boards, microprocessor systems, computer system architectures and interfaces
- Solid technical foundation and proven experience working with development engineering teams as well as direct customer interaction.