Alstom, with recorded sales of 7.3 billion in the 2016/17 fiscal year, is the world leader in integrated transport systems and continues to push the boundaries of innovation & digital solutions for transportation systems and e-mobility. We are today at the forefront of providing sustainable modes of transport, with the largest range of rail solutions in the market. Headquartered in France and present in over 60 countries, we employ 32,800 people worldwide.
- Independently leads the design complex new/modified signal systems in response to contract related requirements per company standards and customer specifications.
- Responsible for applying vital railroad signal engineering principles to wayside and crossing installations across projects for freight, short-line and transit customers.
- Has in-depth knowledge of vital railroad safety circuits and signaling principals.
- Defines specifications for new or modified systems in area of specialization to meet contract requirements.
- Investigates, troubleshoots, and provides recommendations in resolving complex, unique or major problems.
- Provides technical leadership to individuals or teams in resolving problems as defined above.
- Leads mentoring programs and develops trainings for other application leaders and application engineers.
- Leads technical discussions directly with customer and represents/protects the company interests.
- Leads small engineering teams on short turn projects.
- Advises and provides technical direction on assigned project(s) to other technical staff reporting within same project(s).
- Designs include electro-mechanical circuit design, relay-based and /or application-based logic, HW and SW interfaces, material selection, and equipment rack layouts.
- Interfaces with internal/external contacts to include vendors, subcontractors and prime contractors on technical matters.
- Develops complete subsystem location designs including all HW and application logic for assigned project.
- Creates design templates and standards for other application leaders.
- Experienced in the standard V model and engineering processes.
- Assists in generating schedule, budget and product/system specifications as required.
- Reviews specification documents and assists in generating technical proposals and cost estimates as requested.
- Relies on extensive industry experience to continually improve departmental work instructions, processes, and procedures.
- Maintains project related files, documents and revision control of documents under their direct control
- Develops project related requirements for products from customer specifications for new or modified designs.
- Provides and develops accurate material lists for both internal and external requirements on projects
- Troubleshoots problems identified during factory and field test offering possible technical solutions to minimize impact
- Participates in the development of new products to drive application level inputs and requirements.
- Travels to the customer site as required to perform field test and commissioning of systems.
- Bachelor of Science Degree and 10 years' experience and ET with minimum 15 years of related industry experience.
- Prior experience in signal engineering principles and practices
- Experience in a project environment including interface with manufacturing.
- Knowledge of relay as well as microprocessor based interlocking systems
- Knowledge of application of engineering design automation tools
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to establish and maintain good customer relations
- Strong oral and written communications skills.