The Lead Siebel Engineer position works independently or leads teams of 2-4 people responsible for application design, development, testing, and problem resolution work teams with significant autonomy and independence. The scope of work includes small system enhancements to major system projects. As an experienced developer and a beginning technical leader the position receives regular mentoring, feedback, and supervision by senior technical staff and management on team leadership skills.
- Designing enhancements to Order Management, product configurator and pricing administration modules of Siebel.
- Participating in the installation, patching, upgrade, repository management, code migration, monitoring, recovery, root cause analysis, and support of the Siebel CRM Application.
- Conducting research and making recommendations on products, tools, services, technologies, and standards for the TDS infrastructure.
- Occasional using Open Source, Commercial, or custom solutions to solve today’s problems, with a vision towards the future.
- Good understanding of Database technologies such as SQL, PL/SQL and relational database schema design.
- Willingness to learn new technologies and method such as DevOps model or Agile.
- Facilitate communication between stakeholders, end users, and the technical team.
- Perform all activities related to the development of the Siebel CRM solution.
- Coordinate with the functional team to gather a detailed understanding of the business requirements.
- Participate and provide support in the analysis of the requirements and the design of the solution.
- Define and document the technical design of the solution, including facilitating reviews and approvals.
- Develop and configure the Siebel technical modules including integrations as defined in the technical design document.
- Perform thorough unit testing of the developed modules.
- Provide necessary support during system, integration, end user acceptance and performance testing.
- Provide necessary support during end-user training as required.
- Provide necessary support for the deployment and migration of the configured solution across the various environments.
- Work with little or no supervision, be enthusiastic, detail oriented, quick learner and able to adapt changing requirements.
- Work in the production support team to resolve production issues and system enhancement development efforts from requirement gathering and analysis through implementation.
- Ensure the overall stability, performance, and quality of the Siebel application.
- Adhere to SLAs defined for Siebel application and support.
- Provide functional and technical support and guidance to the Siebel users.
- Liaise with the Help Desk teams, Technical Leads, Project Manager, 3rd party vendors and business owners.
- Maintain and ensure compliance to Standard Operating Procedure.
- Metrics Reporting.
- Maintain and communicate status to management.
- Risk/issue Management.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) –OR- 4+ years professional work experience.
- 5+ years experience in Siebel.
- Siebel certification preferred.
- Linux experience.
- Knowledge of software development methodologies, practices, and tools.
- Knowledge of project management methodologies, practices, and tools.
- Knowledge of one more programming languages used by the team.
- Knowledge of software testing practices and tools.
- Knowledge of problem solving techniques and tools.
- Ability to travel as needed for company business and professional development.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed for system implementations and resolving system problems.
- Knowledge of business analysis practices and business process modeling.
- Knowledge of quality management and quality improvement practices.
- Knowledge of team leadership skills, practices, and behaviors.
- ID 2018-12942