Responsibilities - External:
FM Global requires advanced analytic solutions in order to operate effectively and efficiently. This role would be the lead on a small team that is developing High Performance Computing Solutions, Containers, and cloud services. The right candidate would have extensive experience in Linux scripting, HPC build and configuration, as well as familiarity with cloud implementation.
- Lead team of HPC administrators
- Work with representatives of the user community and other IT groups to develop solutions to meet advanced computing needs
- Able to take ownership of projects or tasks and ensure they are completed
- Architecture and administration of large Linux installations
- Scripting, automation, provisioning, and configuration management
- Virtualization and cloud orchestration (AWS/Azure/VMWare)
- Web/database application hosting and high-performance computing (HPC)
- Install and upgrade scientific applications (open source and licensed)
- Manage application user lifecycle management
- Perform unit testing
Qualifications - External:
Education: Associates degreerequired; Bachelor’s degreepreferred.
Comptia A+/Server + Certification or equivalent experience
Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) required for Windows server roles, CSA (Certified System Administrator) and/or CSE (Certified System Engineer) preferred for Unix server roles.
Experience: 5+ years in Information Technology or a related field.
3+ years administering and managing an enterprise environment.
2+ years managing IS projects of small to medium complexity.
- Very strong Linux experience
- Effective configuration management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good requirements analysis & documentation experience
- Linux system administration
- Shell scripting
- HPC – Infrastructure
- Extensive virtualization experience
- Familiar with scientific software installation and support
- Familiar with Windows Server 2012/2016/2019 and Active Directory
- Ansible - configuration management tool
- Python and shell scripting
- Azure/AWS migration experience
- Prior experience in Insurance industry.