IPS is hiring! We are looking for a talented Lead/Senior Automation Engineer to join our industry leading Process Engineering team at our growing Morrisville, NC office.
The Lead/Senior Automation and Controls Engineer provides the IPS project team with technical leadership and automation expertise for the design, engineering and construction of Pharmaceutical and BioPharmaceutical related projects.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide automation engineering support for moderate to complex process engineering projects.
- Develop automation User Requirements Specifications (URS) based on customer need.
- Actively collaborate with the process design and project teams to support execution of successful project studies.
- Develop the design and specifications for DCS, PLC and SCADA based process control systems for IPS clients and projects.
- Develop the design of process control and automation systems in compliance with cGMP, GAMP, related industry standards and customer requirements.
- Collaborate with client counterpart to develop control systems concepts, architectures and control platforms as applied to the client project.
- Identify, qualify and collaborate with third party system integrators as necessary to support project and company business objectives.
- Prepares or reviews budgets based on experience and scope of project.
- Promotes use of and participates in development of company design and production standards.
- Support business development for process automation design and implementation. Assist in proposals, estimates, presentations and other sales and marketing documents.
- Assist process engineering development of P&ID’s and process control requirements, as well as Functional Requirement Specifications (FRS).
- Supervise development of instrument and control equipment specifications and datasheets.
- Work with end users and Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) to coordinate application of automation products.
- Perform automation related job functions as assigned, including, I/O lists, Instrumentation lists and the specification of instrumentation and control element.
- Support risk assessments, including SIL, LOPA and HAZOP.
- Travel to other IPS office locations and client sites to support projects and business objectives.
- Support IQ/OQ development and participate in systems analysis, validation and verification.
- Able to work effectively with senior-level contacts through strong interpersonal skills and acumen.
- Mentor the development of engineering staff to build automation controls and instrument capabilities.
- Special projects as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Minimum of 8 years of diversified engineering experience with in-depth knowledge of industry requirements and applications within the Process Automation for BioPharmaceutical Manufacturing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent degree from an accredited university.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with industrial process control system including DCS, PLC and SCADA based systems.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with Pharmaceutical process instrumentation.
- Expertise in engineering design programs and computer aided drafting (CAD).
- Experience with the development of control system network architectures is preferred.
- Experienced with ISA standards and the interpretation of P&ID drawings.
- Experience with the development of cGMP and GAMP automation lifecycle documents (URS, FRS, I/O List, etc.).