Interfaces with the applications development and business teams to understand/design solutions that support distributed securityinfrastructures and integrate with the network. Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Recommend Key Performance Indicators and implements and monitors performance to them.
- Establishes and administers the overall strategies and procedures for the information security function
- Ensure the control, reliability, performance, and security of all information systems
- Establish standards, guidelines, and processes for all securityinfrastructure functions
- Research/assess available security technologies as required to support corporate goals
- Define, prioritize, schedule, and monitor multiple technical projects, developing and maintaining comprehensive project plans/schedules (and using same to provide senior management with accurate and complete status information)
- Advise management on the viability of using specific systems and diverse or new technologies
- Engage in inventory tracking; incident handling and escalation; performance statisticsreporting
- Adherence and enforcement of Roadrunner's ITIL's policies and procedures such as Change Management, Incident Management, Problem Management and Release Management Processes.
Must have a strong background in information technology with a clear understanding of the challenges of information security. Requires excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities to identify and fix securityrisks. This individual will build understanding and awareness of security issues throughout the organization, they must have excellent communication and presentation skills. They also need good team working skills to develop security solutions in collaboration with other information technology professionals.
- Strong project management skills
- Strong technical and non-technical communication skills
- Solid verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledgeable on Industry Best Practices and KPI’s
- A proven track record of successfully monitoring and delivery against OLA’s and SLA’s
- CISSP Certified
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline; Master’s degree or MBA is preferred, and network and/or security engineer certification is highly desirable
- Six to ten years of related experience in information security environments performing security engineering (hardware and software), and designing, planning, and implementing the latest proven technologies
- Certified Security Engineer credentials highly desirable
- Minimum of 5 years of experience programming and analytical work