Industry: Government & Non-Profit•
5 - 7 years
Posted 33 days ago
Job Title: Lead Security Engineer
Duration: The duration is a minimum of 12 months on the project but we would like to convert the person permanent after 3–6 months
Location: Oakton, VA
Cisco ,, CISCO IDS/IPS ,, CISCO Security Basics ,, CISCO VPN ,, Embedded C , Device Drivers/TCP/IP, Embedded C , TCP and UDP communication through OSE System, GIS Tools , ArcSDE, Information Security Compliance ,, Monitoring Tools , Splunk, Network Security ,, Network Security , Firewalls, NMS , Solar winds Cisco Network Assistant, OSS , DNS,
· Working understanding of networking protocols such as IPVPN, TCP/IP, UDP, IPSec,DNS, NTP, Firewalls, ACLs
· Moderate knowledge of networking fundamentals (TCP/IP, Network Layers, etc.)
· Knowledge of malware operation and indicators.
· Knowledge of current threatlandscape (threat actors, APT, cyber-crime, etc.)
· Protocol analysis experience using tools such as Wireshark, Gigastor, Netwitness, etc.
· Experience with SIEM tools and platforms such as: ArcSight, Splunk, FireEye, NetIQ, Cisco ASA, JunOS, Fortinet, Checkpoint, Tripwire, Bluecoat Proxy.
· Experience with ITIL or ISO frameworks.
· Experience with FISMA Audits and ATO process.
· Experience with network management and/or performance analysis tools.
· Experience performing analysis and trending of security log data from heterogeneous security devices.
· Experience with reverse engineering tools, a variety of operating systems and open source computer forensic tools to perform duties.
· Experience in deployment, configuration and maintenance of Security Information and Event management tools such as Splunk, Qradar, etc.
· Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent required from an accredited institution. Will also consider three years of progressive, relevant work experience in lieu of every year of education. Candidates that have completed a Master's degree program strongly preferred.
· Minimum of five (5) years of professional experienceresponding to information system security incidents, ability to identify and determine root causes of incidents and provide any required documentation and possible evidence to authorized personnel who carry legal or investigative authorities.'
· Minimum of one (2) year professional experience in network or UNIX/Linux system administration, software engineering, software development,
· Must possess a working understanding of computer forensic techniques and methodologies.
Must have at least one of the following certifications:
· SANS: GCIH, GCFA
· Network +
· Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) from EC council
Must have, or be able to qualify for, a government security clearance such as Secret level
· Bachelor's/Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, or related field.
· Knowledge and experience in tools like