$150K — $200K *
What you’ll do:
The mission of the Security and Privacy team at BrightHire is to guarantee security, privacy, and compliance in everything we build, both internal and external. As the Lead Security Engineer you will be the first member of a new engineering team that will have a critical role in the company's future success. You will have the opportunity to help define the security roadmap, up-level the organization's security focus, grow as a leader, and build a new team.
What you’ll accomplish first:
• Develop an integration with Okta to power enterprise use cases
• Develop automated data deletion strategies to support more GDPR and CCPA use cases and enterprise compliance products
• Help to further define the Security and Privacy roadmap
• Define and develop security principles, best practices, and tooling to enable the engineer team to continue to develop a secure product as we scale
• 8+ years of hands-on software/security engineering experience
• Experience with reviewing product architecture as it relates to security, and building platform and development capabilities that make secure software the default
• Ability to evangelize and lead the adoption of security practices, and educate teams on common vulnerabilities and mitigations
• Hands-on experience with enabling strong default security in the software development process adding more security tests to our development and CI pipelines
• Experience enabling development teams to use and interpret security tools and frameworks, baking security into the code while it is built
• Experience working auth protocols such as OAuth2 or OIDC, as well as designing and/or implementing service authentication and authorization policies
• Experience working with and designing RBAC systems
More about us:
• We’re very collaborative, we’re always brainstorming ideas about product, strategy, etc.
• We use our product daily in our own hiring, which is rewarding and gives us product empathy!
• We try to make sure everyone stays connected to users and clients, joining sales and client meetings, talking to end users, etc.
• Everyone is self-motivated, autonomous, and seeks ways we can continuously improve as a company
• We’re generous, self-deprecating, look for reasons to laugh, and enjoy sharing our ideas for band names, posting photos from our walks, and reminiscing about previous travel...
Valid through: 12/2/2021