Our mission is to help people everywhere find a job and company they love. We are disrupting an industry by changing how people search for jobs and how companies recruit top talent.
Because of the nature of Glassdoor's platform, nearly every system we operate houses sensitive personal data, making the security team an extremely meaningful and impactful team in a very dynamic environment.
We are looking for passionate people who want to make the Glassdoor platform safer for millions of customers around the world. We'd love to talk to you if you're a hardworking individual who is passionate about finding security weaknesses and crafting scalable and usable solutions.
Is your security expertise matched by your humility and willingness to problem-solve with others? If so we're the team for you!
- Building tools or frameworks that engineers (love to) use and that improve security posture.
- Work side by side with engineers and Product Management as features are developed to design more secure systems via design input or code review.
- Helping engineers Automate the automatable and collaborate with software and infrastructure engineers to improve our continuous integration platform
- Working to identify areas of security weakness This could mean manual penetration testing or more significant projects that provide some automation for finding vulnerabilities.
- Improving data security through the use of encryption/key management, segregation, or other techniques to improve defense-in-depth.
- You think like an attacker and use that context to develop threat models
- You have designed and implemented mitigations for common classes of bugs in popular web frameworks
- You have Experience developing and rolling out security tools that have been received well by developers.
- Your superpower is finding flaws in software and can efficiently communicate how to fix them!
- You think about problems from an out-of-the-box perspective, doesn't always default to industry norms
- You have an expertise of knowledge of crypto, authentication protocols and authorization standards (Eg: SSL/TLS, SAML, OAuth, JWT tokens)
- You are excited and equipped to share our message on data security to our employees, partner teams, and the industry. You feel ownership over everything you drive and deliver.
- Technical degree
Nice to have:
- Contributions and engagement with the security community or open-source projects
- Experience building security champions programs for Engineers
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) security services and technologies
- Experience with SecDevOps.