The Lead Scrum Master has primary responsibility of facilitating the learning and growth of one or more Agile teams in developing a lean-Agile mindset, improving practices and guiding them to more predictable delivery. The Lead Scrum Master plays a role in facilitating Agile ceremonies and planning of releases, removing impediments, providing guidance, and supporting up to 4 Agile teams. The lead will also help mentor team Scrum Master's. Your role: Backlog Management Practices
Qualifications: What We Look For:
- Works with Product Owners and team members to learn and practice healthy backlog management and prioritization practices
- Facilitates the execution and improvement of backlog refinement
- Prepares for and facilitates release planning with teams
- Assists in dependency management and cross team coordination
Agile Ceremony Facilitation
- Facilitates continuous improvement and the development of a learning culture on teams
- Facilitates ceremonies, collaboration, communication, and conflict management
- Teaches new team members Agile mindset and frameworks, practices, and process
- Influences the organization in the removal of organizational impediments and development of healthy Agile practices
- Mentors Product Owners and team members in agile practices and continuous improvement
Delivery Team Support
- Removes impediments to the team's ability to perform
- Acts as a buffer between external distractions to minimize disruptions
- Assists in the coordination of operational issue resolution
- Facilitates team development, mediates conflicts protecting the team and encourages healthy team dynamics.
- Fosters team responsibility, self-accountability, transparency and self-organization
- Leverages coaching skills to help the team learn to solve its own problems
Advice and Guidance
- Introduces and encourages team to explore healthy Agile (XP) development practices, focus on quality and technical excellence, predictable delivery, automation, and continuous delivery
- Teaches and encourages a balanced backlog that delivers valuable features for customers, reduces technical debt, provides business value, and enables product sustainability
- Helps the team to develop, capture, and analyze metrics to facilitate team improvements
- Promotes transparency through healthy communications and data integrity
- Continuously seek to improve solution development processes and/or develops new approaches to achieving improvement consistent across the organization.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of specific specialisms, and provides expert advice regarding their application.
- Supervise specialist consultancy.
- Enable stakeholder engagement/ communications plans, including, for example; handling of complaints; problems and issues; managing resolutions; corrective actions and lessons learned; collection and dissemination of relevant information.
- Use feedback from customers and stakeholders to help measure effectiveness of stakeholder management.
- Help develop and enhance customer and stakeholder relationships.
- Plan the delivery of leaning activities, based on learning objectives.
- Customize formal and informal learning activities, incorporating relevant scenarios and case studies.
- Design appropriate environments, and deliver learning activities to specialist audiences.
- Advice/coach others in learning delivery techniques and options.
- Bachelor's degree or related field or equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education
- Working experience related industry
- At least 7-10 years working experience as a Senior Scrum Master
- Working experience in one or more of the following Agile methods or frameworks: Scrum, Extreme Programming (XP), or Kanban
- Working experience with Agile scaling frameworks, preferably SAFe
- Scrum Master certification or equivalent certified professional (Desired for lower level - required for higher)