Covance Bioanalytical Lead Scientist
Play a pivotal role in the drug development process and grow your career
Are you interested in making a real scientific impact through your everyday work? Would you enjoy working in a team-focused environment as you explore unique career opportunities?
If you are looking for a company where you can gain exposure to a wide variety of science and explore a multitude of career paths across the drug development spectrum, consider working at Covance as a Lead Scientist. In this role, you will lead and direct scientific work to support external methods and projects while ensuring that client programs meet regulatory requirements and meeting defined milestones along the drug development pathway. In addition, the Lead Scientist will develop and review protocols and sample analysis plans, review data to ensure methods are ready for validation, and approve methods and raw data for sample analysis. You will also be expected to:
- Serve as an SD, RS, CS, LS, or PI for non-regulated, GLP-regulated, and GCP-regulated studies as applicable
• Proactively identify and respond to circumstances that may affect study success
• Evaluate data and tables to ensure regulatory guidelines and expectations are met
• Review and approve reports for scientific accuracy and completeness, ensuring timely delivery
• Assist with efforts to troubleshoot and solve assay problems
• Participate in scientific investigations
• Approve QA project specific inspections and data archival
• Contribute to the evaluation of new proposals for technical feasibility
• Serve as the scientific point of contact for the client
• Identify scientific issues or scope changes within the study
• Work with the client to determine project requirements
• Proactively identify ways to increase client satisfaction
• Provide a technical resource and mentoring for less experienced team members
This position will be based at our Indianapolis facility. Relocation assistance is available.
Thrive personally and professionally at Covance
Working at Covance, you’ll continue to grow in our learning-based culture so you’ll know how to expertly respond and adapt as the industry continues to evolve. Here, you’ll put your education to work as you play a meaningful role in advancing healthcare and ensuring the well-being of our animal models.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package. This includes 21 days of personal time off, 7 paid holidays, medical and dental insurance as well as tuition reimbursement, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match, along with short and long-term disability and life insurance.
Why Lead Scientists choose to work at Covance
- Make a direct impact in the lives of patients
- Partner with and learn from supportive colleagues and industry leaders
- Open up new opportunities for career growth within or outside the lab
What we’re looking for
Lead Scientists are the most successful at Covance with:
- A Masters (MS) degree in science or a related field
- A minimum of 3 years of experience as a Method Development Scientist or a higher level of education may be substituted for experience
- Experience and skill with Watson, Nautilus, and Analyst software and good knowledge of regulatory agency guidelines
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage time with demonstrated ability to plan, prioritize, and manage a workload for large and complex projects
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with excellent attention to detail
Get to know Covance
Covance, the drug development business of LabCorp, is the world’s most comprehensive drug development services company. Because of our broad experience, from early research to commercialization, our more than 20,000 employees from across the globe are in a unique position to supply insights that go above and beyond testing. Our team’s impact on healthcare is remarkable. Through their everyday work they’ve supported 100% of the top 50 drugs on the market and all the oncology drugs approved in 2016. Even though we span multiple businesses, we operate as one, sharing our knowledge to improve our efficiency and deliver on the promise of a healthier world.
The Covance team is driven by an energized purpose to improve health and improve lives across the globe. Here, you’ll work alongside exceptional people who each play an important role in bringing new scientific discoveries and therapeutic area advancements to life. And, because we span the drug development spectrum, you’ll directly impact a wide-range of initiatives as you explore unique career paths and discover your extraordinary potential.
Get ready to make a difference as we speed the delivery of groundbreaking therapies and improve lives of countless individuals.
Masters (MS) degree in science or related field (recommended). Experience may be substituted for education.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Proven ability to prioritize and manage time
• Demonstrated ability to plan, prioritize, and manage workload for large and complex projects
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to utilize word processing, database, spreadsheet, and specialized software
• Experience and skill with Watson, Nautilus, and Analyst software preferred
• Knowledge of regulatory agency guidelines
3+ years of experience as a Method Development Scientist
Job Number 2017-13229