Energy Transfer Partners - We are one of the largest Master Limited Partnerships with one of the most diversified portfolios of energy assets in the United States, totaling more than 71,000 miles of natural gas, crude oil, natural gas liquids and refined products pipelines, traversing 36 states with associated terminalling, storage and fractionation facilities.
- Develop SAP BW Objects leveraging LSA/LSA++ Architecture and SAP BW best practices
- Assist with initiatives for developing BI solutions/designs based on best practices, and by leveraging available toolsets
- Assist with ongoing methods to deliver BI governance metrics (i.e. usage, memory, space, queries, etc.)
- Work with the business users to capture the business/functional requirements
- Leverage functional/business requirements to design and develop BW objects such as but not limited to BW Data flow objects (like Info objects, Data sources, Info packages, transformations, Data Transfer process, Info Providers, Process chains), reporting objects (like BEx Query Designer, and Business Objects Reporting tools)
- Contribute toward evolving company's analytical self-service/ad hoc reporting capabilities using existing or future toolsets.
- Prepare appropriate documentation and ensure that new functionality is properly transitioned to reporting users.
- Participate and contribute to development and management work plans.
- Work with business partners and internal staff on resolving platform production defects and performance issues.
- Propose optimal ways to address business demands for BI with a goal of delivering maximum overall value for BI investments.
- Participate and develop BI landscape strategy including optimal setup to support multiple/parallel project deliverables.
- Coordinating technical aspects of operations such as solving production problems, making enhancements to the existing functionality, and fixing logical bugs in the applications
- Maintain strong and effective working relationships with SAP Applications owners, IT Infrastructure team and OS/Network Team.
- Develop, document, and adhere to standard procedures and best practices
- Ensure requirements are being met in accordance with corporate compliance
- Ensure proper communication to all levels of the organization
Essential Requirements: Experience, Educational & Special Training Required
- At least 3+ years of experience with SAP BW (Net Weaver 7.31 or higher preferred)
- At least 2 years of experience with SAP Business Objects suite of reporting tools
- At least 1 year of experience with SAP BW on HANA.
- Bachelor's degree or 5 years of professional work experience in lieu of a degree.
- Proficient in day to day BW operations such as creating and maintaining BW Data flow objects, BW Process chains , reporting using BEX query design and Business Objects suite of reporting tools, and BW performance optimization
- Data modeling with SAP BW on HANA with HANA Studio and HANA Views.
- Exposure to creating, maintaining, and troubleshooting SAP BW related ABAP transformations and routines
- Experience with data extraction from SAP (standard and custom extractors) and Non SAP systems
- Experience creating and maintaining Composite providers for BW on HANA
- Proficient in developing reports in BI platform such as Business Objects suite of reporting tools
- Experience leading complex design and development solutions
- Problem solver; can quickly assess a situation then develop and implement effective solutions
- Researching and implementing OSS Notes
- Proficient in developing and executing test scenarios including regression testing, utilizing SAP related software testing tools where appropriate
- Strong tracking, coordination and project planning skills
- Strong programing skills
- Ability to identify and implement programing logic and/or application improvements
- Must be able to work on multiple simultaneous tasks with limited supervision
- Quick learner, motivated self-starter, team player
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, verbal and written communication, and team collaboration skills
- Able to follow change management procedures and internal guidelines
- Strong time management skills, initiative, commitment, and ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines while maintaining high quality standards and best practices.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, strong organizational skills, attention to detail
- Previous development experience with Tableau or Power BI is preferred
- Previous development experience with RDBMS systems like SQL Server is a plus
- Previous experience in energy industry is a plus
- SAP Certification is a plus
- ITIL Certification or experience using Remedy application is a plus.
Special Characteristics/Job Requirements:
- Participate in a weekly on-call rotation several times a year.
Equal Opportunity Employer/ Disability/Vet
Job Location Houston, Texas, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Tracking Code 8900-323