NuVasive® is an innovative medical device company focused on improving patient outcomes and providing superior clinical outcomes through developing minimally disruptive surgical products and procedurally integrated solutions for the spine. NuVasive is the 3rd largest player in the $8.2 billion global spine market. With a focus on Speed of Innovation®, Absolute Responsiveness®, and Superior Clinical Outcomes, we are revolutionizing how spine procedures are performed on patients around the world. Join our team of “A Players” and help change spine surgery as a $1 billion Start-up™.
As the Sales Training Lead you will be the catalyst behind NuVasive’s focused effort to standardize and globalize Sales Training and Development for all shareowners and distributor sales teams. You will report directly to the Leader, Sales Training and Development, and will have direct interaction with global commercial sales team. As part of our dynamic team, you will be tasked with the responsibility of partnering in the development of a training and development plan based upon our foundational domestic programs, while accommodating for geographic and cultural distinctions. The following includes, but is not limited to, the responsibilitiesassociated with this role:
- Develop an annual hiring and product calendar to define implementation schedule of training programs and corresponding educational resources
- Co-coordinate and aid in facilitation of NuVasive’s clinical and sales focused Instructor Lead Trainings (ILT) in San Diego, Amsterdam, otherInternational NuVa offices, and International Spine Society meetings
- Provide input in the development and facilitation of NuVasive’s field sales training programs/modules in Amsterdam and otherInternational locations
- Leverage current/future technological platforms (ie Salesforce.com, Box.com, NuVa University) to track, manage, and deliver individual/group/country educational programs and content
- Conduct “train the trainer” programs to educate all current/future Mgr, Sales Trainers
- Assist in orchestrating and executing annual NuVasive Sales Meeting (NSM) with focus on International breakouts and education
- Create alignment with global team of Sales Trainers to schedule, develop and execute individual, team, and quarterly sales and/or development trainings
- Drive policy formulation and planning for Sales Training and Development programs while leveraging regional based resources to ensure accommodation of geographic and cultural distinctions
- Develop, manage, and monitor annual Sales Training and Development budget
Define approach to International Sales Training and Development strategy achievement and collaborate with the Vice President, Sales Training and Development on tactical execution and progress.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7+ years of related experience (Spine Sales and/or Spine/Medical Device Sales Training), International experiencepreferred but not required
- Experience with and a strong ability to present to small and/or large groups
- Proficient and accurate with Microsoft Office Suite with specific emphasis on: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook calendaring
- Ability and willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends - travel up to 25%
- Must be willing and able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Understand and/or demonstrates a strong ability to learn/utilize new technologies including but not limited to: Box.com, SAP, etc.
- Demonstrates strong organizational, attention to detail, prioritization, and multi-tasking skills; as well as being resourceful
- Ability to navigate the organization to solve and interpret problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to write business reports/correspondence, edit documents/communications and have strong communication skills (presentation, verbal, and written).
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.