Eaton Corporation has an immediate job opening located in Smyrna, GA for a Lead Sales Engineersupporting Eaton's Mechanical (HVAC and Pumping) Variable Frequency Drives. The primary function of the Variable Frequency Drive (VFD) Lead Sales Engineer is to market and sell Eaton’s VFD products and services into new construction and retrofit projects. The position is expected to achieve sales results for the “geographic” region. The primary responsibility is to manage and develop the assigned customer base of mechanicalchannel partners and contractors, to increase sales and share in the local marketplace, and to give application guidance and technical assistance to assigned customers. This position is expected to develop, grow, and maintain relationships with Eaton employees, specifiers, and customers including Eaton Authorized Distributors. The primary functions include:
- Develop and execute sales plans to meet performance expectations and requirements.
- Lead daily project bid activity at target customers and channel partners to accelerate VFD sales and order growth
- Prepare and deliver sales presentations to create product understanding and awareness
- Build relationships with mechanicalchannel partners, mechanicalcontractors, engineering consultants and major end users to enhance long-term business prospects
- Weekly communication, collaboration and follow up with local sales teams for VFD project attachment.
- Work with factories to resolve technical issues while working with customers to resolve quality issues.
- Evaluate market coverage and new mechanicalchannel partners to increase market penetration. Assist team to develop a coordinated sales effort while keeping management informed of market conditions.
- Provide added value to mechanicalchannel partners and contractors through application guidance, product knowledge and market intelligence
- Obtain ongoing training on both functional and technical skills.
- Understanding Eaton’s salessupport, structure and systems including: EatonCare, BidManager and VISTA.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum five (5) years of sales, marketing, and/or engineeringexperience within the mechanical (HVAC and pumping) industry
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
- Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- No relocation is offered for this position. All candidates must currently reside within 50 miles of Smyrna, GA to be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Experience with a direct VFD competitor in the HVAC / mechanical market
- Knowledge of motor control and VFD applications
- Ability to provide technical solutions built around customer needs
- Knowledge of HVAC & pumping market including competition
- Skilled in time management
- Ability to read and interpret electrical drawings, wiring schematics and specifications
- Possess negotiating skills while understanding and using techniques needed to close orders
- Experience with preparing sales proposals that meet customer expectations
- Robust presentation, training and communications skills
- Experience utilizing Value Added selling techniques
- Strong work ethic, communications skills, competitiveness, willingness to learn and adept at building relationships
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: NAS North American Sales
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Requisition ID: 044845