We are looking for a Lead Sales Engineer who is accustomed to solving customer’s most complex problems. In this role, you will work directly with the sales team to understand the needs of our customers, strategize on how to navigate winning sales cycles, provide compelling value-based demonstrations, and support Proof of Concepts. You must be able to engage and articulate product positioning to both business and technical users in competitive scenarios. You will also rapidly identify all technical issues of assigned accounts to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process.
About us, but we’ll be brief
Experian is the world’s leading global information services company, unlocking the power of data to create more opportunities for consumers, businesses, and society. We are thrilled to share that FORTUNE has named Experian one of the 100 Best Companies to work for. In addition, for the last five years, we’ve been named in the 100 “World’s Most Innovative Companies” by Forbes Magazine.
As a leader in consumer data, analytics, and identity, Experian Marketing Services is improving the business and consumer experience by offering a complete identity solution providing marketers with a clearer view across the digital customer buying journey and we’re doing so through strong acquisitions of leading AdTech and MarTech providers with the most recent being Tapad, a leading digital identity resolution provider.
What you’ll be doing
The Sales Engineer will collaborate with the sales and client success team to engage in the pre-sales process to win over cautious technical contacts for the largest and most complicated deals by designing solutions to meet the customer’s business needs. They will rigorously evaluate complex deployments that involve custom software or application integration and help demonstrate the value and benefits of our solutions through product demonstrations, assist in scoping the requirements of the sales engagement, and ensure the appropriateness and accuracy of proposals. Will maintain customer satisfaction and establish strong internal and external relationships through all stages of the sales process.
- Act as a subject matter expert of Experian Marketing Services’ product suite and data offerings, functioning as a technical liaison among internal clients (Sales, Client Success, Engineering, Service Delivery Teams) and external clients
- Provide subject matter technical expertise through sales presentations that provide detailed technical information about solution capabilities, competitive differentiation within the marketing technology industry (consumer data, digital identity, activation, and measurement)
- Maintain a working knowledge of digital technologies, emerging trends, and their applicability to industries and domains that enable you to understand our client’s digital transformation priorities, problems, and roadmaps
- Communicate effectively and answer questions from internal and external stakeholders on the functionality of products and guide client technical teams on how to best leverage Experian products
- Provide feature ideas on products based on client needs (VOC), relevant marketplace learnings, and work with internal teams to deliver solutions to drive sales
- Support implementations working closely with our client success, product, and engineering teams
- Partner with our Sales Executives to develop and deliver presales product demos, technical presentations, benefit realization studies, sales proposals, and assist the sales team in closing business by engaging prospects pre-sale to discuss implementation processes, strategy, and resources
- Participate in Sales/Product pricing discussions.
What your background looks like
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or relevant field and/or over 3 years of strategic level experience in marketing technology (MarTech)
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in a client-facing technical Sales Engineer position (Pre-Sales Engineer or Professional Services/Consulting role that is client facing and involves sales scenarios)
- Technical background and/or hands-on experience as a Software Developer (programming knowledge within a modern web or enterprise development systems)
- Experience demoing platforms and custom Proof of Concept (POCs)
- Experience in implementing solutions in a Cloud environment (AWS, Azure, GCP, or Snowflake)
- Experience within the Marketing Technology (MarTech/Adtech) ecosystem (consumer data, digital identity, activation, and measurement)
- Technical depth to respond to all functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- When it is safe (after COVID) the ability to travel approximately 25% of the time
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, customer interaction, requirements analysis, presentations, and system design
- Ability to strategically problem solve by thinking outside of the box
Culture at Experian
Our uniqueness is that we truly value yours.
Experian's culture, people, and environments are key differentiators. We take our people's agenda very seriously. We focus on what truly matters; diversity and inclusion, work/life balance, flexible work, development, engagement, collaboration, wellness, rewards & recognitions, volunteering... the list goes on!
- Competitive pay (Recruiter will provide details) and comprehensive benefits package, with a bonus target of 15%
- Four weeks of vacation to start, five sick days, and two volunteer days (plus eleven paid holidays)
- Flexible work schedule and relaxed dress code