The purpose of the Lead Safety Trainer is to drive a best-in-class safety training program to help clients create a safe work environment and prevent injuries. A best in class safety training program will serve as a powerful client retention tool, fuel our growth engine, and improve our brand as safety experts across multiple industries. This role will be directly responsible for executing our safety training program, mentoring the team of trainers, working with vendors, internal partners, or other subject matter experts. The Lead Safety Trainer will ensure our safety plans and training materials are well written and developed to ensure compliance and address the latest topics trending in health and safety.
- Content Development and Delivery - Designs and develops safety and health training courses, safety plans, and awareness programs to support clients in creating a safe work environment. Ability to create written content and also slides PowerPoint, Google, or other media). Serve as the lead trainer and facilitator for business owner and manager level training to ensure our clients are wowed with our training courses because of our effective presentation and breadth of expertise.
- Client Success - Partners with internal employees including Client Success Partners, Safety Consultants, and Worker's Compensation to thoroughly understand client needs in order to develop training programs to address those needs. Leads team members in proactive engagements with clients to prevent injuries, ensure compliance, address common safety topics, and re-certify client worksite employees (WSEs). Increase advocacy and understanding of our safety offering both internally and with key clients.
- Compliance - Ensures training materials and programs meet OSHA regulatory standards for compliance. Assists clients with establishing best practices for documentation of employee training records and written programs.
What We're Looking For
- Coaching - Actively and successfully mentors junior level trainers
- Communication - Skilled presenter with the ability to communicate to executive and manager level audiences. Ability to design and develop written content, safety plans, communications, and training materials.
- Program Management - Strong organizational skills. Self-starter with high drive and tenacity to see projects through to competition.
- Professional Effectiveness - Ability to work independently and manage ambiguity. Strong problem-solving skills. Relationship builder and the ability to work across a matrixed organization.
- Related Work Experience - Subject-Matter expert in general safety with experience in multiple industries. Strong understanding of OSHA regulatory standards and familiarity with federal, state, and local laws and standards. Skilled in delivering safety training presentations. Ability to develop safety training materials and written safety plans. Experience in managing Hi-OSH citations or disputes.
- Education - Bachelor's Degree plus 5 years' experience in a safety-related role. Additional safety certifications are desired - examples include Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Associate Safety Professional (ASP), Occupational Hygiene and Safety Technician (OHST), OSHA Outreach Trainer, or other health and safety certifications. (Not all certifications required, but one or more desired)
- Travel Requirements: This role is Oahu-based and will require daily travel to various locations throughout Oahu and neighbor islands. Overnight stays are limited.
Compensation & Benefits
Part of our culture here at ProService is to attract and retain the best to be the best. This means that we heavily invest in our people in many ways including training, career development, and compensation. We are proud to say that we offer competitive compensation and total rewards that rewards high performing individuals for performance. As a member of our #PROhana you'll be eligible to participate in a benefits package that includes remote work and flexible schedules, paid paternity leave, generous paid time off, student loan repayment assistance, and affordable healthcare coverage, just to name a few.