We are seeking a motivated individual to join our Safety team as Onsite Safety Manager. This position formulates, develops, and coordinates the safety and loss control functions onsite.
We are looking for an individual who possess a Bachelor’s degree in Safety or Construction and has three to five years of Safety experience or an individual who has five years’ experience in the electrical trade. The ideal candidate would be proficient in the use of a PC and Microsoft Office Suite (Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word), have thorough knowledge of federal safety regulations as well as the electrical construction trade, and the ability to operate various types of construction equipment.
Faith Technologies is a “Merit to the Core” organization and we pride ourselves on our ability to reward and recognize our top performers. Faith Technologies leaders and professionals thrive under team-work and collaboration environments to complete projects accurately and on time. Other areas of qualification are included here; visit our careers page for additional detail.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES RANGE:
- Monitors compliance with government regulatory agencies such as OSHA, MSHA, DNR, etc.
- Collaborates with Safety Department to improve safety and health onsite and for the company overall.
- Interfaces with customers and general and specialty contractors, as well as trade associations to facilitate best safety practices and compliance and provide an appropriately consistent approach to health, safety, and environmental issues.
- Actively participates in daily Operational Risk Management and tool box talk meetings, including leading and/or facilitating discussions when possible.
- Serves as primary contact for onsite safety-related issues or concerns.
- Completes jobsite safety audits, identifying unsafe conditions and work practices, and ensures appropriate corrective actions are taken.
- Maintains stock and orders safety supplies for project.
- Provides support to on-site personnel.
- Assists in task safety analysis and pre-planning.
- Trains employees in Company general safety practices including, but not limited to: Aerial Lift, Forklift and New Hire Safety Onboarding.
- Completes, submits, and tracks forms of written communication including, but not limited to: toolbox talks, site-specific safety plans and forms, procedures, and correspondence.
- Conducts accident investigations and recommends corrective action (if warranted) based upon incidents and/or trends. Determines the cause and identifies the means of prevention.
- Conducts various drug testing processes across the organization: pre-employment, random, reasonable/for cause, and postaccident.
- Provides guidance to field employees, project supervisors, and management on matters concerning employee health & safety, public safety, and environmental safety.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.