Markforged is looking for a lead contributor in our root cause analysis and refurbishment team. We are looking for a self-starter who is interested in analyzing why parts experience failures and loves working with their hands to repair them in a methodical, structured way that leads to a quality product. In addition to the direct analysis and refurbishment work, the qualified individual for this role will be responsible for helping the team grow by creating processes and procedures, analyzing and reporting on trend data, and helping to define the structure for the team.
In this role you will:
- Supervise root cause analysis and refurbishment functions
- Prioritize the backlog of parts awaiting analysis and refurbishment to meet forecasted and immediate needs
- Write, implement, and maintain processes and procedures to control how parts and units are analyzed and refurbished
- Implement and maintain a level of quality control for refurbished parts and units, per internal processes and standards and that aligns with Markforged manufacturing standards
- Diagnose and root cause returned parts and units to expose trends and solve customer issues
- Create and implement test methods and fixtures to determine the root cause of issues
- Maintain databases to report on findings for both root cause analysis and refurbishment
- Collaborate with Operations to maintain an inventory level of refurbished parts
- Work with Manufacturing to implement solutions at the assembly and production stages of existing products
- Collaborate with Customer Solutions to improve documentation and troubleshooting procedures
- Report to Print System Engineering and Engineering on possible improvements to existing products
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
women and other marginalized groups tend to only apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. So it doesn't hurt to take a chance and apply!
What we look for:
- Associate's degree plus 4 years experience troubleshooting or repairing electromechanical systems OR bachelor's degree in engineering plus 1 year of related product-based experience
- Highly organized
- Great time management skills
- Technical troubleshooting mindset
- Fastidious attention to detail and a passion for quality
- Experience working with a variety of mechanical and electrical systems, including electrical testing of circuits
- Strong verbal and written communication skills - can convey complex technical topics in simple terms across internal departments
- Experience writing technical documents; creating processes and procedures a plus
- Experience working with database tools (JIRA is a plus)
- Experience with change control systems (EPDM, Github, ERP and PLM systems) a plus
- Familiarity with 3D CAD (Fusion360, SolidWorks, Onshape, etc.)
- Ability to work independently and be self-directed
- Great interpersonal skills and ability to work with technical and operational teams
- Eagerness to take on new projects and responsibilities
What is Markforged?
Markforged is reinventing manufacturing with the most affordable 3D metal and carbon fiber printers capable of producing parts strong enough for the factory floor. Engineers, designers, and manufacturing professionals all over the world rely on Markforged metal and composite printers for tooling, fixtures, functional prototyping, and high-value end-use production and optimizing their manufacturing and supply chains. Founded in 2013 and based in Watertown, MA, Markforged has about 250 employees globally, with $137 million in both strategic and venture capital. Markforged's vision is a world in which you build anything you imagine. Markforged was recently recognized by Forbes in the Next Billion-Dollar Startups list and listed as the fastest-growing 3D printing company in the US in the 2019 Deloitte Fast 500. To learn more about Markforged, please
Help us reinvent manufacturing.
We are reinventing manufacturing so that engineers can build anything they imagine.
We are one team that wins together!
You will be engaging every day with passionate and dedicated individuals in a collaborative environment working towards making best-in-class products.
Perks & Benefits
We offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more. Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks. You will have unlimited access to our 3D printers for professional and personal parts!
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee's skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.