You Will Be Responsible For:
• This position will be engaged in all active Cerner projects across AHS-IS and will be responsible for the successful implementation and integration of Cerner solutions across AHS-IS. This position will work closely with the Cerner Integration Architect to help coordinate design, system validation, implementation, domain strategy and upgrade activities across all solutions and venues of care. The Lead Revenue and Clinical System Architect will work closely with the Cerner teams to ensure coordination of the above activities in support of the AHS Strategic Initiatives and Cerner projects. This position reports directly to the Manager of Clinical Integrity and Architecture.
• The Lead Revenue and Clinical System Architect is responsible to understand and apply technology tools, systems, policies and processes that are required to ensure the protection of Adventist Health System data assets, Protected Health Information (PHI) and all forms of personal identity information.
• This position will perform all procedures necessary for the secure operation, reliability and integrity of any data provided to our facilities or vendors across multiple Revenue and Clinical applications. This will include Information technology infrastructure library (ITIL) processes, IT Service Management (ITSM), documentation, appropriate testing techniques, structured troubleshooting techniques and quality assurance processes. The Lead Revenue and Clinical System Architect is responsible to adhere to company policies and procedures in regard to data transmissions, development or maintenance requests.
• The Lead Revenue and Clinical System Architect will work directly with the Revenue and Clinical application teams to develop guidelines, processes, and infrastructure to accommodate user data needs. Knowledge of change control policies and procedures are required to ensure that the user community understands the necessary procedures to maintain best practices for delivering requested data needs. This position will conduct routine system auditing and evaluations as requested and provide management with appropriate assessments and recommendations.
What You’ll Need:
• Experience with Cerner’s Millennium suite
• Bachelor’s Degree with a Minimum of 3 years’ experience or Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a CIS/HIS
• Knowledge of the Cerner data model and Architecture
• Demonstrated ability to analyze and solve complex systems problems, and ability to prioritize, manage, and implement complex projects
• Ability to work with a variety of groups and multidisciplinary teams, including managers, clinical/nursing staff and technical personnel
• Ability to comprehend complex technical and logic flows.
• Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely through written and verbal communications.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work as a team member.
• Strong customer service skills.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
• Experience as a Cerner engineer
• Working knowledge in one of the following Mpages, CCL, Discern Rules or ESH
• Knowledge of relational database principles and concepts
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• College Degree (B.A., B.S. or significant commensurate experience) in a field of study such as business, IS, or healthcare related area required.
Job ID: 18013671