Job Summary: Supports the Retail Branch Channel through management of resource planning and staffing analytics. This position is responsible for evaluating market and branch characteristics to accurately forecast customer arrival patterns, wait-time SLAs, and optimal staffing mix for Retail branches across the Synovus footprint. The WFM Lead will also develop and maintain short and long-term FTE forecasts for Retail Banking, working closely with the Strategic Finance team to assess FTE budget needs throughout the budget/plan development process. The WFM Lead will function as the SME on staffing models, and will manage the administration of the scheduling tools utilized by branch and regional management teams. This role will work closely with Retail Executive Management and HR Business Partners to provide insights influencing role design/role augmentation, open requisition management, and branch transformation initiatives. Success in the role will be evaluated primarily by the Lead's ability to positively impact the customer experience while improving branch profitability and performance across Synovus. Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Leads cross-functional effort between Retail, Human Resources, and Finance to optimize staff allocation across the Retail branch network.
- Establishes, maintains, and reports against KPIs and KRIs with respect to Retail Branch staffing. Develops action plans to assist Leadership in driving adherence to recommended schedules and adapting staffing mix to meet customer demand.
- Works closely with line leaders (Retail Executives, RRSMs, ROMs) to share scheduling best practices; serves as escalation point for staffing requests. Provides guidance on staffing performance and improvement opportunities.
- Translates strategic initiatives into actionable staffing plans.
- Explains WFM model assumptions and principles to facilitate buy-in.
- Works with department director and outside vendors, using analytical methods and tools to build forecasts and report results for staffing at new and existing branches.
- Develops content for communication strategies across multiple lines of business; creates engaging and informative presentations that communicate results to management and executive audiences.
- Develops strong relationships with Retail teammates and distribution support partners, in pursuit of common organizational goals.
- Organizes data and generates various reports and financial summaries; effectively interprets and translates data in multiple formats; analyzes and aggregates information as required and summarizes results.
- Networks externally and researches industry changes, in pursuit of continuous improvement in staffing initiatives.
- Successfully and regularly manages multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Serves as a liaison between Retail business unit, data warehouse (Technology), finance teams and other support teams.
- Performs other related duties as required.