Lead Research Analyst (Epidemiologist)
- Directs and leads all activities of the MHRP Data Coordinating and Analysis Center (DCAC), supervising a team that includes research analysts, data management specialists, and programmers.
- Assigns research protocols and delegates related responsibilities to DCAC staff, ensuring that all DCAC staff are aware of their accountabilities, responsibilities and deliverables.
- Develops and maintains an excellent working relationship with MHRP scientific staff, HJF/MRI, DAIDS/NIH, collaborators, and other organizations.
- Maintains a team of professionals with sufficient expertise to execute the DCAC mission through identification of personnel needs, recruitment and retention of highly-qualified staff, and provision of performance evaluation feedback.
- Evaluates and acquires tools to optimize data collection and analysis as needed.
- Monitors the accuracy and completeness of data included in MHRP research databases and develops systems to enhance the integrity of these data.
- Provides relevant program status reports to the institution, regulatory agencies, funders, and other entities.
- Designs and implements statistical analyses in consultation with MHRP investigators and collaborators.
- Contributes to the preparation of scientific papers for presentation at local and national meetings and for publication in medical and scientific periodicals.
- Adheres to a policy of strict confidentiality concerning all documents, data, and information maintained within DCAC.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Thorough knowledge of data management and biostatistical methods; proficiency in data analyses using statistical tools such as SAS, Stata, and GraphPad Prism; awareness of data quality issues; experience in the analysis of clinical cohort and clinical trial data; experience managing multi-disciplinary teams; ability to lead and direct staff to meet mission requirements; familiarity with medical science and clinical research, ideally with experience in HIV-related research; ability to communicate effectively; ability to use sound judgment in solving problems; knowledge of word processing and spreadsheets on personal computer systems; ability to learn new systems necessary for job completion; ability to make effective presentations and publish scientific research; excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills; willingness to travel to research sites as needed to support MHRP research protocols.
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: Ph.D. in biostatistics, epidemiology, statistics or a related field with experience conducting analyses using clinical cohort and clinical trial data. Experience in the field of HIV research strongly preferred.
Minimum Experience: 6 - 10 years of related experience.
Physical Capabilities: Bending, standing, and sitting; able to tolerate intercontinental travel.
Supervisory Responsibilities/Controls:Responsible for oversight and management of DCAC, including supervision of data management specialists, programmers, and analysts.