At Arconic, our goal is to be the best company in the world! Arconic is the world's leading producer and manager of primary aluminum, fabricated aluminum and alumina facilities, and is active in all major aspects of the industry. Arconic serves the aerospace, automotive, packaging, building and construction, commercial transportation, and industrial markets, bringing design, engineering, production, and other capabilities of Arconic's businesses as a single solution to customers.
Since it opened in 1948, Arconic Davenport, Iowa aluminum facility has been at the forefront of American manufacturing. Nestled on the banks of the Mississippi River in Iowa, the plant employs 2,200 people and is a focal point of the global aluminum industry, with 25 percent of revenues coming from exports. Through continued modernization, including a $200 million investment over the past decade alone, Davenport has maintained its position as the world's premier aerospace supply plant and is today the hub of Arconic $3 billion aerospace business.
The Lead Reliability Engineer will lead problem solving efforts to increase reliability of production centers that support the plan twide production goals. The Lead Reliability Engineer (LRE) is the reliability steward for a production area who is responsible for driving continuous equipment reliability by providing / coordinating technical support and managing the reliability improvement processes for the area. The LRE will also manage 2-5 Reliability Engineers who are responsible for the reliability efforts in other production areas and provide guidance and training to these individuals as needed.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Perform criticality analysis and determine risk priority numbers for the site assets
- Perform RCM/FMEA on critical assets
- Development of equipment, system and location hierarchy
- Development of equipment maintenance plans
- Coordinate the implementation of the reliability-based maintenance strategies
- Define reliability-based queries and reports to support a continuous improvement process
- Perform RCA's on contributors to yield, utilization and capacity losses (attributed to equipment, processes, etc.)
- Identify and resolve chronic failures
- Calculation and optimization of asset life-cycle costs
- Development of behavioral competencies of the reliability experts and crafts as well as the Maintenance Technicians, Maintenance Technical Leads, and General Supervisors; this is realized through technical expertise, guidance, support, coaching, counseling, and leadership in the strategic direction of the reliability system in order to better manage asset health
- Provision of support to the site's Business Interruption/Loss Prevention programs
- Provision of support to site EHS programs
Major Activities and Key Challenges Include:
- Accountale for coordination of plant wide reliability systems and processes across various Maintenance Areas;
- Development of Reliability Engineers in department;
- Interface with other area maintenance and central maintenance personnel to ensure common practices are utilized and established plant wide
- Ensure a consistent implementation and execution of predictive and preventative technologies to improve reliability and ensure customer (internal and external) expectations are met, at the lowest cost and always with safety at the forefront of every activity
- Possess the ability to engage with employee at all levels of the organization
- Possess the knowledge to identify and help resolve process-related problems
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Ability to take the initiative, provide leadership, meet deadlines and work in a team environment
- Possess excellent problem-solving skills with %22out of the box%22 thinking
- Possess and / or gain knowledge of Arconic Business System (Lean Manufacturing) principles and Human Performance tools
- Set expectations, audit performance, counsel reliability experts; train, serve as a role model, and influence policy and practices to exceed production goals
- Experience working with reliability tools such as RCM, FMEA, criticality assessments and preventative/predictive maintenance strategies
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology from an accredited institution;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a reliability engineering role
- Minimum of 1 year of experience with the application of six sigma, 5S and/or lean manufacturing principles in a manufacturing setting
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position;
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Master's or Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Reliability Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a manufacturing or heavy industrial work environment
- Minimum of 1 year of leadership and supervisory experience
- Minimum of 1 years of experience in a lights metals manufacturing or heavy industrial environment with a basic understanding of different aluminum alloy compositions
- Experince working in a union environment.