The Lead Release Automation Engineer will apply advanced automation skills in establishing and maintaining a continuous integration and continuous deployment environment in a mixed on-prem and cloud environment. The position will lead the enhancement of the release build, integration and deployment process of internal developed software and COTS as a senior member of the Release Automation Group. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and MGM Resorts policies, practices and procedures.
- Lead and develop the CI and CD environment.
- Lead the development of the CI/CD tools.
- Continuously improve automation scripts.
- Manage and support QA and PreProd server environment in conjunction with the COTS Release Management group.
- Direct Release deployment activities between multiple departments.
- Evaluate and make recommendations to the Release Management team with automation knowledge and scripts for COTS software.
- Manage relationships between Development, Test, OPS and PMO on a daily basis.
- Lead and evaluate progress to ensure releases are delivered on time and within expectations.
- Other work related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree focused in Information Technology or equivalent education and experience.
- At least 5 years of technical experience as Release Automation Engineer (including design and estimation) or equivalent experience; which includes, at least 2 years of experience in software development may substitute here.
- Advanced experience with Jenkins and workflows in a mixed on-prem and cloud environment. Experience with other build orchestration tools is acceptable.
- Experience that includes customizing Subversion and Git/GITHUB.
- Experience that includes Docker container technologies.
- Experience with Ansible (Windows and Linux).
- Experience that includes cloud technologies (either AWS or Azure).
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Previous experience in a similar resort setting