A Lead Refrigeration System Design Engineer job in Glendale Heights, IL is available through Belcan.
Responsible to plan, conduct, supervise and assume the responsibility for one or more complex projects from concept through implementation with full consideration of timeliness, technical specification, quality and cost. This position requires knowledge of engineering design principles and practices in mechanical and system design, refrigeration, heat exchangers, mechanisms and material selection.
Key Job Responsibilities:
• Reports to segment engineering manager.
• Responsible for leading the design and technology integration in support of new product introduction; coordinates project work to meet the completion time and cost limits to thesatisfaction of the sponsor.
• Builds high quality and cost-effective solutions into the project results.
• Develops and selects technologies, establishes test and design requirements based onprogram objectives.
• Effectively communicate technical and commercial program status to project sponsors.
• Executes in a matrix based organization, responsible for delivering system level technologies tothe project lead.
• Specific technical responsibilities include refrigeration design, system controls and heat exchanger design.
• Keeps up to date with applicable emerging technical developments.
• Usually maintains contact with customers and suppliers regarding technical information and the program plans in cooperation with other departments.
• Supports divisional funding through presentations of project plans to potential sponsors.
• Trains, counsels and guides other members of the technical staff.
• Effectively apply adaptive thinking to create unique solutions to assigned problems
• BS in Engineering with 5+ years experience (MS in Engineering with 3+ years experience)
• Experience with demonstrated progression leading development of major sub-system designs.
• Proven ability to optimize multiple sub-system designs for quality and cost while meeting theoverall system requirements.
• Proven ability to develop design requirements based on a top level system specification.
• Applicable technical experience includes refrigeration system design, control system development and heat exchanger application and design.
• Experience with component selection/system sizing and familiarity with appliance refrigerants.
• Experience with thermodynamics, heat transfer, CFD, statistics software, and 6 sigma tools.
• Experience with agency standards (NSF, UL, CE)
• Computer literate in all Microsoft Office applications.
• Experience with R290 refrigeration systems a strongly desired
• Experience with 3D modeling (Preferably Pro/e) is a plus
• Experience with hot and cold liquid dispensing is a plus