Meta Advanced Signals is looking for a Lead Radio Frequency (RF) Engineer to join our busy team specializing in state of the art military communications and signals intelligence products.
All of our teams operate in a small and agile environment which allows our engineering personnel to work independently on a wide variety of systems and products. Our typical product development cycle is less than one year which provides our engineering staff a constant flow of new and interesting projects.
Essential Functions Statement
- Interact, as part of a team, with customers to present proposals and design reviews, develop new products, and provide technical support.
- Collaborate with or assist management team generating proposals, schedules, and budgets.
- Collaborate with system integration team during product development.
- Experience with bringing designs into production by working closely with Manufacturing during new product introductions.
- Collaborate with Manufacturing on quick turn demo and prototype systems, and provide technical support for existing products.
- Collaborate with Mechanical Engineering to define subassemblies and cable assemblies.
- Collaborate with Test Engineering to develop test plans and fixtures for production and engineering.
- Collaborate with Logistics and Purchasing team to support relevant procurement activities in support of PWB fabrication and PWB assembly contract manufacturing.
- Collaborate with PWB layout designers.
- Collaborate with outside vendors to develop custom components or assemblies.
- 7 years minimum experience
- Relevant design experience required developing RF and analog hardware for military handheld, manpack, and vehicular communication systems covering 2MHz to 6GHz from concept to production.
- Board/component level design skills required.
- Knowledge of radio specifications and designing for MIL-STD-461 compliance required.
- BSEE minimum
- Design Engineering Skills:
- RF simulation experience with tools such as Keysight Advanced Design System or AWR Microwave Office. Spice simulation experience.
- EMI mitigation and grounding techniques at board and system level.
- Transceiver circuit design including ADCs/DACs, LNAs, mixers, RF filters, frequency synthesizers/PLLs.
- Transmitter RF power amplifier circuit design including transformers/magnetics, harmonic filters, efficiency/linearity tradeoffs, stability, thermal management, RF detection and power control.
- General impedance matching techniques.
- Analog circuit design including power supplies, built-in-test functions, clock generation and distribution, protection circuitry, power consumption management.
- Documentation including specifications, proposals, schematics, and engineering change notices.
Our preference is for this position to be based in Victor, NY. However, remote working applications will also be considered
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Must be able to accomplish any and all duties with little or no assistance.
Must have good command of the English language; oral and written
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Employee must be a US citizen.
Ideally hold some level of Security Clearance or able to apply for one
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions