VMWare is looking for its first quantitative UX researcher to shape how we measure user experience across VMWare's products. This role will develop the handbook for how to develop, implement, and validate user-centered metrics to deliver a world class customer experience.
User research is the center of VMware's user experience team. User researchers work across different domains, user journeys, and products, to help build integrated end to end experiences for our customers.
- Have the passion and ability to articulate your vision, work with the research, product design, management, and development teams to understand needs, drive execution, and spend research efforts where they can be most effective.
- Be able to apply the lens of psychology, social science, or human-computer interaction to your research findings
- Push the boundaries of research beyond just validation to make sure we're looking at the short- and long-term strategy of our products and that our users voice is there in every part of the product development process from inception, through execution, to shipping, and beyond.
- Embrace accountability. Move fast, make new mistakes, learn from them, and grow.
You must have have:
- At least 6+ Years Hands-on experience driving strategic and tactical research in collaboration with senior leaders of design, product management, and engineering.
- 6+ Years' Experience with applied statistics, survey design and biases, experience coding in languages such as R, Python, and SQL
- Conducted studies using a wide range of quantitative methods and have experience with measuring the user experience (e.g. HEART framework)
- Experience as a leader who listens carefully, communicates well, and has the ability to empower and inspire user researchers.
- Examples of influencing teams to become more user-centered and have projects to share where you or your team's insights lead to better results.
- Examples of experimentation with research methods.