Our supply chain and engineering CoE (Center of Excellence) is a high visibility team focused on leveraging company scale, enabling strategic tools, and developing key supplier relationships. Within this high visibility group, this Supplier Quality Engineering position will work closely with corporate category managers, Harris business segments and will utilize Harris Business Excellence (HBX) principles that achieve the best possible quality, cost, delivery and technologies for our customers.
- Coordinate with corporate category managers, and build relationships with cross-company functional groups, to manage the performance of preferred and qualified suppliers on the approved supplier list (ASL).
- Assess supplier capabilities through technical discussions, supplier site assessments and quality system audits.
- Perform supplier risk assessments and recommend mitigation actions
- Use Six Sigma & Lean concepts for supplier improvement of quality, delivery, cost, increased yields and throughput.
- Analyze supplier performance and develop improvement plans for identified problem areas to drive down supplier Defective Parts per Million (DPPM) and nonconformance rates
- Perform Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (PFMEAs) and Control Plans on critical processes
- Support suppliers with root cause analysis, get well plan development and closed-loop corrective action for Supplier Corrective Action Requests (SCAR's)
- Prepare detailed trip reports to document site visits, audit finding and observations
- This position is based in Melbourne, Florida
- For internal candidates, this may be a two or three-year rotational assignment
- Travel approximately 25-50%
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or another related technical field (Mechanical, Systems, Manufacturing)
- Minimum of 10 years quality assurance experience and 5 years aerospace experience
- Six Sigma or lean certification and demonstrated success implementing greenbelt or blackbelt projects
- AS9100 or Quality Management System (QMS) audit experience
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Proficient in MS suite Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Project
- Technical aptitude and ability to drive knowledge transfer in area of expertise
- Strong background in building strategic relationships with suppliers and internal stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills with ability to interpret and synthesize complex data sets
- Ability to read and interpret drawing and specification requirements
- Must be detail oriented, organized and self-motivated
- Work in a team environment and must have good interpersonal skills
- Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal) to all levels of the organization
- Highly self-motivated with ability to drive positive change by team building and gaining support from people and resources across the enterprise
- ASQ certification or ability to demonstrate proven results with Advanced Product Quality Planning implementation with suppliers
- Experience with Predictive Quality and problem-solving methodologies
- Experience with Lean Concepts (VSM)